Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you Hyperguys that visit the Sport-Classic forum will be familiar with me (Wasp) and what I do thru WaspWorks.com.
For those who have not journeyed to the SC forum, allow me to introduce myself.

I have been manufacturing specialized products for the Sport-Classics since I aquired my first SC (black monoposto) in 2006 and have been a vendor on this (most excellent) forum since early 2007.

I manufacture tail chop kits, top mount steering damper kits (the only one in the world top suit SC's), and a few other bits as well as products currently under design.

What I would like to highlight today however is an extremely successful and well received product that was originally designed for the SC range of bikes and now adapted and proven for the HypermotardDS1100 motor.
The product is the WaspPUK (Power-Up-Kit) that, along with some bracket modification, becomes the WaspHyperPUK.
What the WaspHyperPUK does is replace the (strangled) Ducati airbox and velocity stacks with a custom made set of anodized 6061 billet stacks that have been computer designed to optimise the inlet flow requirements of the Ducati dual spark engines.
The high flow/velocity stacks are topped with (huge) K&N air filers and custom fit water repellent filter socks.
The standard kit also includes a Power-Commander3 loaded with individual cylinder fuel maps to suit your bikes configuration.

When you get your WaspHyperPUK you will notice that the front and rear cylinder maps are different as we have taken the time to correctly tune, (individual cylinder tune), the maps for the absolute optimum performance.

The WaspHyperPUK is 100% "Plug & Play" with no other components required to effect the installation and requires absolutely NO modification to your bike or any of the components removed from your bike.

The complete WaspHyperPUK includes:
2 x Billet machined velocity stacks.
2 x high flow K&N air filters.
2 x water repellent filter socks.
Power-Commander3, maps pre loaded to suit your configuration.
K&N filer for air/idle circuit.
Air/idle hose and billet machined connector.
K&N crankcase breather filter.
Crankcase breather billet machined hose connector.
1 x Lasercut and CNC pressed stainless steel front coil/PC3 mount plate.
1 x Lasercut and CNC pressed stainless steel rear coil/CCb mount plate.
All stainless steel fasteners.
Comprehensive full colour step by step installation manual.
Pm or em-mail me for further details.

As part of your research into this kit, jump over to the Sport-Classic pages and do a search on WaspPUK.
Check out the user reviews.

As a guide to the outcome you can expect from this kit I have included the following pics and dyno sheets.
The following dyno measurements are Australian standard metric, and yes, I know all dyno's read differently.
PLEASE... I am not interested in entering into high/low, this dyno, that dyno arguments... What our dyno says is what we go by.
We are not so much interested in what the maximum figure is rather than the difference between base runs and final tune runs.

The two sheets are of two different bikes therefore two slightly different base figures are obtained.
The first sheet is of a standard Hyper vs the same bike (a few months later) after the installation of a Termi pipe kit.

The second dyno sheet is a standard 1100s complete with standard exhaust (including cat) and standard ecu vs the same bike with WaspHyperPUK fitted. We have re-flashed the standard ecu similar to DP/Termi spec.
You will note that the HP/Tq increase across the whole rev range is far greater on the WaspHyperPUK fitted bike than was achieved with the addition of Termi kit.... Remember, this is a standard exhaust + cat.:cool:

This WaspHyperPUK modified bike is now soooo much more tractable and smooth down low with so much less tapering of of the power at the higher rev range that you quite often find yourself hitting the revlimiter.
Ohh, and it sounds farkn gorgeous.:D

Anyway - on with the pics - Enjoy..

Attachments

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Wasp, I'm using my phone browser to check out your website. Does the site have an English version?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Welcome to the Hyper section....

I'd be interested in the custom brackets you've done... I have all the rest via a Beast R kit + PC3.

I'd try to order from your website... but it doesn't quite seem finished, although the pics are nice!

nick

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a price set? I'm a little too lazy to search the SC forum and I didn't see it on your web site.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wasp, I'm using my phone browser to check out your website. Does the site have an English version?
Sorry guys, I've been flat-out manufacturing parts and the website is still a work in progress at the moment...
Note to self: Must finish website.

Send me a pm or e-mail to [email protected] if you have any questions.

Welcome to the Hyper section....

I'd be interested in the custom brackets you've done... I have all the rest via a Beast R kit + PC3.

I'd try to order from your website... but it doesn't quite seem finished, although the pics are nice!

nick
Custom brackets are part of the kit... Buy the brackets and you receive a free PC3 + filters + velocity stacks + bolts etc...
Alternatively, see if TPO can supply the brackets..;)

Do you have a price set? I'm a little too lazy to search the SC forum and I didn't see it on your web site.
I will send you a pm tomorrow.

Greg.

·
Registered
123 Posts
TPO doesn't sell brackets for the Hyper, and like I said, I already have the filters, stacks, and PC3.

If you don't want to sell some brackets by themselves- fine, just say as much.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pm sent.

pm sent

TPO doesn't sell brackets for the Hyper, and like I said, I already have the filters, stacks, and PC3.
If you don't want to sell some brackets by themselves- fine, just say as much.
Sorry Nick. Just taking the piss..... Not funny:(
A sensible answer to your question is No, unfortunately I dont sell the brackets on their own.

p.s - Nice collection of machines you have there :cool:

2009 Aprilia RSV4 Factory (finally arrived)
2008 Red Hyper 1100S
2008 KTM 690 Duke
2007 Honda CBR600RR

Greg.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well, no worries then- I thought you were giving me @#^$ for buying someone else's kit...

I wish you would have sold this kit a year ago... but TPO was the only game in town, that I had seen. If you change your mind and want to sell some brackets, let me know. ;)

·
Registered
162 Posts
greg .out of curiosity did you ever try stacks directly to the throttle bodies
by eliminating the bend may improve things even more

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
I have the ducshop velocity stacks... but no socks. What do those do? and is it a problem if mine get wet in the rain? thanks.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
greg .out of curiosity did you ever try stacks directly to the throttle bodies
by eliminating the bend may improve things even more
We did.. That was actually the first thing we tried.
Thru the course of developing the WaspPUK we started with filters straight on the throttle bodies, and then stacks on the throttle bodies.
We then manufactured prototype stacks to a computer flow tested design that were over 130mm long and had cut-off rings every 10mm. We ran the bike on the dyno and cut the stacks down by one ring each time while recording the outcome.
We could obviously see a precise pattern of the relationship between length of stack and where/how the torque V Hp crossed over and at what revrange.
We then went on to test surface finish and patterning to check it's effect on airflow.
I hazard a guess that "if you can think of it - We tried it"
The power out-put went up from standard with the stacks straight on the throttle bodies but the length and configuration of our kit as it stands is optimised for this motor.
In the development stage our DS1000 test bike (SC1000S) has done over 2500kms ON THE DYNO and a total of four bikes (PS + GT + 2x SC's) have done over 700 runs on the dyno.... All in a bid to maximise this design.

I have the ducshop velocity stacks... but no socks. What do those do? and is it a problem if mine get wet in the rain? thanks.
The socks (by Outerwears) are a silicone impregnated to resist the passage of water.
They have been tested on the dyno (by us on our dyno during the above mentioned development) and impose NO restriction to airflow... This may be because the WaspPUK carries the largest filters of any kits currently on offer, but the statement is true in our case.
The socks are purely a safety measure because our kits are shipped all around the world and into some quite extreme environments.

Greg.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Greg,

You've definitely peaked my curiosity with this kit.... a couple of questions:

• Does the PC3 require a flashed ECU? You mentioned you flash the ECU in your post.
  • Does this kit fit with the larger fuel cell?? I am wanting an extended range soon!
  • I plan on doing my exhaust in stages, 1st core the stock cans, then cat delete later and then maybe full exhaust. Will the PC3 and your maps work with my staged mods?
  • Can you PM me the price to AZ 85382.

Thank you

1 - 16 of 16 Posts