Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To the good folk that have purchased WaspGT'TMSD kits in the last twelve months.

In the early days of the WaspTMSD kit for the SC1000 I received an overwhelming call from people on this forum to manufacture a TMSD kit for their GT's.
The only way I could make that kit work as good as it does is by milling a small notch out of the left hand handlebar riser to accomodate the full stroke of the damper.

It didnt make sense to expect people to take their bikes apart and find a local machinist (who would probably charge them a forune for such a small job) and then have to reasemble the bike a few days to weeks later.
I decided from the start to purchase a batch of handlebar risers and send them out pre-machined (at no charge) with the kits and ask that the recipient return their old riser to me for re-cycling.

Although the GT'TMSD kit costs more to machine than the SC kits, I decided that it was unfair that they should pay any more as long as I didnt also have to cover the cost of the riser... The way I see it is you win some you loose some, but at least all my fellow forum (GT) members have the same opertunity to install a kit at the same price as the SC guys.
What alot of people probably dont realise is that the initial batch of 17 risers cost me $AU1100... Not $11 or $111 but $1100:eek:
Because I am making this plea, I obviously have not had the results that I originally expected.

The joy of supplying the GT kit is rapidly wearing off as I am approaching the time to purchase more risers as "most" punters have not sent their old pieces back to me..

On the back page of every installation booklet I had written the following statement:

To the people that have received GT kits.
I have supply and machined a brand new O.E.M Ducati polished riser at no additional cost in this kit.
All I ask is that you please send your old unit back to me at:

WaspWorks.com
P.O box 24
Chidlow
Western Australia 6556

This will ensure that many more people can benefit from the additional safety of this steering damper kit at the same price that you have paid,

Thankyou, and I appreciate your honesty.
Greg.

In sending these kits out, I did not have a premium on the price to cover the riser, or impose a deposit or non return fee. I just expected that most folks would do the right thing.
Please folks, for the good of future GT'TMSD buyers, send your risers back for re-cycling.

Now... Where's my dummy??

Thanks for listening.

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
you getting eloquent in your old age :p

c'mon folks do the right thing, some of us live closer to him than you :D

·
Registered
267 Posts
I don't see any problem with a core charge to cover your cost on the part for future orders. Some customers may want to keep their stock part in case they want to return the bike back to stock condition. Others may have a tighter budget and need all the help they can get. Return the stock piece in usable condition and receive a credit back.

·
Registered
845 Posts
what bugs me here is the sheer laziness people exhibit at times. after installing the kit that part has absolutely no value to the bike. might as well send it back (as was agreed upon). unbelievable.

·
Registered
635 Posts
+1 for starting to charge a deposit core charge until they return the part. And I'd make it for the actual price of the part. A couple of people may actually want to keep it and not mind paying the price for it.

As for those of you that have his parts...... come on be nice this guy turns out great stuff keep in in business!

·
Registered
503 Posts
Yep...we all agreed to send it back

Hey fellow GT owners

I am sure if we want to buy the stock piece at a later date to return the bike to stock I am sure Wasp would be the first one to come to the party to help. Heck...Wasp even gave me a spare rubber O ring...no charge!

Please send them back as agreed....he knows who you are and may publish a list of "offenders"....phark...better go check to make sure I sent mine back ! :D

Cheers Roger

·
Registered
900 Posts
Sounds like some folks are turning into crotchety hoarders. Ship 'em back boys, play fair!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts