Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since it was plug in play i did not look too close at my WASP taillight but now the tail light is not working but brake and blinkers are so I am assuming that one of the cords are loose. Anyone had this problem? Anything else I should be looking for?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
the actual lamp supplied in the WASP tail-chop is an absolute piece of 5-cent junk. (No offense to WASP who is one of the best contributors to our bikes).

I went through 5 of them (thanks to WASP's great customer service) before I got tired of taking it apart altered it for something else.

I used a custom chrome lamp with bulb (since the LED ones are too $$ and burn about once a year) for about $30, but due to its larger size I had to saw off the plate bracket and create another metal piece to bolt onto to the main bracket in order to fit the light.

There are smaller lamps that might fit and only require to drill a couple of holes for proper fitments. Check out custom Chrome, or Dime City Cycles - Vintage Cafe Racer & Bobber Parts; Delivered Anywhere in the World!, they seem to have cool lights.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cool I will take a look at that thanks.

·
Premium Member
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here are some pics of the damage..got the stock lights back on while I look into my options...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

Attachments

·
Registered
285 Posts
Here are some pics of the damage..
My WASP tail light did the same thing, with one of the black mounting tabs breaking away. An application of good quality two pack epoxy glue repaired it. While I was there I beefed up the unbroken tab with some of the leftover glue.
Some of the LEDs stopped working also and basic fault finding and a few goes with the soldering iron got that sorted out. The light now works as good as ever.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
Here are some pics of the damage..got the stock lights back on while I look into my options...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle
If you like the WASP design and just want to fix it, you could send it to CustomLED to have them make a new array for you. You can even tell them exactly what colors, patterns, etc. that you want and they'll make it for you. They also have the latest superbright LEDs available.

Cheers,

Tmnstr

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

1 - 6 of 6 Posts