Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up my GT 1000 from the Wasp Nest, Greg's last words were "give it a big handful on the way out" is there any other other way after sticking in lots of horsepower?
1, The noise got to love the noise, although later, I was in traffic it sounded normal.
2, I hit the rev limiter in second, it was pulling right up to it, a couple of days I will learn how to ride it all over again using all the 98.6 HP.
3, The torque, this is the fun stuff, it has a noticeable torque improvement roll it on from say 4000 and very noticeable.
4, The best bit, I went past the local dealer, to show off as you do, the boys first saw the power commander, then the socks on the filters, we were all quacking, thats what is all about.
5, The smile on my dial, it will take a while to remove.
In summary, I love it and cant wait to go on a proper ride around some twisty so I can give it a handfull out of some corners to get that torque & horsepower working.
Thanks Greg for a quality product.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Sounds really cool.

Question: where do you locate the power commander? Under the seat, I assume, but how exactly? Can you take a picture?

thanks.
D.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds really cool.

Question: where do you locate the power commander? Under the seat, I assume, but how exactly?

thanks.
D.
no! see pic

Attachments

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Sounds really cool.

Question: where do you locate the power commander? Under the seat, I assume, but how exactly? Can you take a picture?

thanks.
D.
no! see pic
You beat me too it Chunks..:cool:

The WaspPUK (as with any other Wasp kit) includes everything required to do the job.
Laser-cut and CNC pressed Stainless Steel brackets are provided to secure the front and rear coils as well as mount the PC3 near the front coil.
The coils sit in roughly the original position and the coil leads are run as per factory set-up.

The pics below are extracts from the installation manual supplied with each kit. The manual, although very large, is actually pic heavy (63 high quality photos) and is simply a case of following the bouncing ball.
Because of the comprehensive information supplied, a confident instruction following "backyard oil changer" can complete this installation in around 3hrs to 5hrs.

Greg.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Thanks guys. That's some pro stuff, good work!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts