Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the situation up there?

Clubs renting tracks? Number of tracks? Quality of tracks?

I may move up there from Texas. If I do it will be to Bellingham.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We've got a couple here on the west side.
Both are south of Bellingham.

The closest will be Pacific Raceways in Kent. It's an old track with elevation changes and fun to ride. Being an old track there are some corners without much runoff but the use of air fence has helped the safety.

Further south in Shelton, another hours drive, we have The Ridge Motorsports Park. The tracks a couple years old with elevation changes and most corners being blind so you better remember which way to go. It's another fun track.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I took the Keith Code California Superbike School at the Shelton track (aka The Ridge) and, according to the instructors, it's their third favorite track of all the tracks they go to. I forget which ones were #1 and #2.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
I took the Keith Code California Superbike School at the Shelton track (aka The Ridge) and, according to the instructors, it's their third favorite track of all the tracks they go to. I forget which ones were #1 and #2.
Interesting that they consider the Ridge so highly....not that I would know, but I would've thought that there's a number of more interesting (certainly larger) tracks nationwide (Laguna, Millersports park, etc).

FYI: WDW | Ducati Bellevue

·
Registered
10 Posts
Interesting that they consider the Ridge so highly....not that I would know, but I would've thought that there's a number of more interesting (certainly larger) tracks nationwide (Laguna, Millersports park, etc).

FYI: WDW | Ducati Bellevue
They remarked that some of the other more famous tracks tend to be monotonous, as in a lot of the corner being the same. The corners at The Ridge are quite different from one another according to them. I think Laguna was one of their favorites along with Barber Motorsports in Alabama. Also, they mentioned some track in Ohio.

·
Premium Member
700 Posts
They remarked that some of the other more famous tracks tend to be monotonous, as in a lot of the corner being the same. The corners at The Ridge are quite different from one another according to them. I think Laguna was one of their favorites along with Barber Motorsports in Alabama. Also, they mentioned some track in Ohio.

Interesting... At least to me. Thanks "Snake." Cool moniker from the past, I knew it was familiar. Ha ha

·
Registered
125 Posts
Actually both tracks mentioned are a lot of fun but The Ridge is the more fun of the two. Decently long front stretch into a soft left that you can hold flat out if you have the balls for it! SIR is a fun track too especially coming up the hill.

I'm down on Whidbey Island about an hour south of Bellingham. Not a big fan of the people up there. I try to be in and out as quick as possible on the way to Baker or up to Vancouver. What would put you there?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts