Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, has anyone claimed against corrosion? Not really looked at the warranty so not sure if it's covered? I bought my bike at the beginning of the year, so had to rude it home in rubbish conditions. I made a point of washing the bike, but was unable to dry it due to the bike being stored away from home.

I work away from home so the bike was left a couple of months... On return, the bike had alot of corrosion and also the engine light was on. Had the bike serviced today and the exhaust valve is solid, so a new one is ordered. I went to another company here to get acf50 applied, but whilst that was getting done, the guy noticed the front head paint was flaking off! The bike is not even 6 months old! Would this be covered?

John

·
Registered
124 Posts
That is some serious pitting. I hope the dealer doesn't give you a hard time. Good luck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
There was another bloke on here with a lengthy thread on corrosion, specifically the rotors...here in the states we ride instead of rude, so maybe that has something to do with it ? Seriously though, interested to see what come of this.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish I could ride the bike more! I work abroad, so I'm only able to ride when I'm home. The pitting must be where the pads have been against the disk? It's only on a 3 inch section of each disc in the same place. I have 2 other Ducati's stored in the same place which just get very light surface rust, and those discs are at least 8 years old.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just heard back from my Ducati dealer, they are going to replace the corroded parts!

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
not having a go at you, but i don't understand why your first thought was to ask on a forum, instead of just going to the dealer. ask the dealer. never be afraid to ask. remember acceptance or refusal is not up to the dealer. they can comment based on experience, but they have no power to deny. they will need to submit a warranty request to the importer, and that request is dealt with either by the importer or in italy if the importer wants to know they are going to get paid for it if it's a bit on the edge.

it used to amaze me how many people would come in with warranty concerns having worked themselves into a real state on the assumption that we weren't going to warranty something.

or that they'd have to come in and yell at us. no point yelling at the dealership staff, not their decision.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I understand that, this is my first time buying a new vehicle, I've no experience with dealing with claims... I personally feel like I'm being cheeky, not to worry though... It's getting sorted.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts