Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I sent them the carrier and never heard another word about it... clearly they either shipped me the wrong part up front or sent me one with a mfg defect (there wasn't any real damage to the carrier down at that flange, the anodize layer was worn off but that was about it. The only damage was up on the body of the carrier and that was because because of the flange problem not due to wear) and (I suspect) once they realized that they f'd up they chose not to make it right. As I said above that's not surprising these days.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi @multimike
The carrier offset is different between PCD-3 and PCD-4.
PCD-3 is for the older Streetfighter, 1098/1198, Diavel and Multistrada 1200/1260.
PCD-4 is for the 939 Supersport, Monster 1200, 1199/1299/V4 Panigales.
Both of these will accommodate 520/525/530 sprocket width.
Yep , that was the problem. Just talked to sprocket center and they agree someone put the wrong part in the box back in 2016 and I've been riding with it that way ever since... They are shipping out replacement parts 2-day air, no charge. I think I'll pull the eccentric and clean that all up whale I am into it, I know it's probably full of crap and it's hard to adjust the chain now. Thanks for the info !

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Mine looks like PCD4 but it's a crappy pix. I bought this mid-2016 , it's amazing it's lasted that long without as much damage as the OP. Must be that I only ride to church and back on Sundays... LOL
Yea this is exactly what happened to mine... likely the same thing happened to me but since it hadn't happened before nobody would admit it was their #[email protected]$up.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hi @DaveK
In your OP, I've noticed PCD on the carrier. What was the number PCD2, 3 or 4?
Not sure... the number was obliterated by the contact damage. If it was in more than one place then I could have found it but I sent the carrier back to the mfgr when they asked me to (which was pointless).

·
Registered
810 Posts
I couldn't tell by the photo. It's all water under the bridge now but you may be able to find some closure with either the original packaging or your invoice if you still have either one.

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I couldn't tell by the photo. It's all water under the bridge now but you may be able to find some closure with either the original packaging or your invoice if you still have either one.
I verified with Sprocket Center (back at the time) that the order was for the correct part. However the actual part appears to have the same clearance that MultiMike had on his so it seems that most likely it was the same mis-packaging issue that he had.

Maybe they took him seriously because it's the same thing they saw and ignored with me.

·
Registered
810 Posts
That's a bummer. Perhaps now that the cat's out of the bag, you can get another carrier and sprocket from them?

·
Premium Member
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's a bummer. Perhaps now that the cat's out of the bag, you can get another carrier and sprocket from them?
I was going to dredge up the old emails... but I already replaced all the parts (including the hub) so as you said it's kind of water under the bridge. I don't buy stuff from sprocket center anymore because of it, but there are plenty of other vendors out there so it's not much of a burden.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts