Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Sophomore Member
2,997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The police (state and local) have really been hitting the Suches, GA hard. They are going after motorcycles on 129, 180, and 60. Today, there were 3 working over 129. They seem to be leaving the cars alone and only going after bikes. I've escape twice now without a performance award. Anybody thinking about going to Suches might want to reconsider.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
The police (state and local) have really been hitting the Suches, GA hard. They are going after motorcycles on 129, 180, and 60. Today, there were 3 working over 129. They seem to be leaving the cars alone and only going after bikes. I've escape twice now without a performance award. Anybody thinking about going to Suches might want to reconsider.
LOL...nothing new there. Funny to me, if I had to count how many times over the years I've heard the "this time they're cracking down"... Always cop presence, varies by day and luck...

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
I was up there today in the car and can confirm this. Some fast four wheel metal active but the stops were all bikes.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
thank you for the post. I will be going up there tomorrow so this is a good pointer. Will try to keep it down. Do you remember in which sections by any chance?

·
Premium Member
2016 KTM Super Duke 1090R
189 Posts
Thanks for the update we are heading up very soon. :think:

·
Mr Leakered
8,820 Posts
What a bunch o' crap.

Weirdly enough, they passed a law here that motorcycles cannot be singled out by the fuzz. The only thing I can guess is that a few of the legislators have been harassed a bit? I can imagine using that in court would be a bit of fun.

Have a good one.

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
Win, win for the cops. Pick up donut money and keep the moaners, complainers and elected do-nothings happy.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
we moved our annual ducs fly south sept event to Hiawassee some years ago because of overbearing police presence. BUT to be completely fair, a lot of the riders going up there have been tying up resources like hospitals and EMS by doing dumbass things. So we all suffer as a result.
Chris

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Last time I was there last sunday it was horrible. We spent 129 all the way to the top of blood patting our heads without riding. It looked like a bunch of stupid gorilaz on bycicles. There were 3 in that stretch then we saw an ambulance on the 10mph turn in 180 through the wolf pen gap. The biker went of the cliff, a pretty steep one too.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Ok, bad place for speed traps. But are the roads around there as good as people say? Are they worth risking all the fuzz? :)

·
19,081 Posts
I was just checking them out on Google Earth and they look cool from space. :)

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
DuckMan, if you ever get a chance to spend a few days in north Georgia, not on a weekend, let me know and I'll let you know the "good" roads.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I was just checking them out on Google Earth and they look cool from space. :)
Head down here Mike, I assure you that some of these roads are better, if not all of them, than the ones we rode on ECM. Ill be your local tour guide for a day or a weekend.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
There are some roads we used on the ECM that are unique because they don't have typical traffic hazards--the small number of intersections on the BRP or Cherohala come to mind. The north Georgia roads are excellent though and you would not be disappointed.

·
19,081 Posts
Anyone remember which road the 749 had trouble with?

·
Premium Member
12,301 Posts
Well another side of the story...
A co-worker just 6 months retired took his new Harley to the Deals Gap area and suffered a stroke or an anuresim and crashed they flew him back up here to Canada and he did not come out of the coma...
Another statistic , for them to use against us ...

It has to be very expensive to treat AVOIDABLE and Unavoidable wrecks ,that they lump all together...
I'll miss my buddy....

·
Registered
516 Posts
Ok, bad place for speed traps. But are the roads around there as good as people say? Are they worth risking all the fuzz? :)
yes they are, so many nice roads!! f you can hook up with someone that knows the area and go during the week when the po po are less present, it is heaven on two wheels

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts