Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a stock exhaust hanger/footpeg bracket that they're willing to part with for a reasonable sum?

I want to remove the passenger footpegs on my SF and would rather modify the stock exhaust side bracket than buy an aftermarket one...i.e. cut off the footpeg part, clean up the bracket and repaint or powder coat...

Shoot me a PM...

·
Registered
58 Posts
pm sent.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
I'll be honest with you. The bracket that shiftech makes is so much more minimalist, and looks superb, losing the rear peg brackets was the best thing I did, probably the only mod I'll make. So for me the $100 or so for the bracket was money well spent.

Chris

Anyone have a stock exhaust hanger/footpeg bracket that they're willing to part with for a reasonable sum?

I want to remove the passenger footpegs on my SF and would rather modify the stock exhaust side bracket than buy an aftermarket one...i.e. cut off the footpeg part, clean up the bracket and repaint or powder coat...

Shoot me a PM...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll be honest with you. The bracket that shiftech makes is so much more minimalist, and looks superb, losing the rear peg brackets was the best thing I did, probably the only mod I'll make. So for me the $100 or so for the bracket was money well spent.

Chris
Well, I'm a cheap bugger and my Social Security is not getting a COLA raise for two years, so if i can make my own and save the $150 for the Shift-Tech one, I'll feel all warm and fuzzy inside...:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
The Engineer (Tell your mom hey)
1,642 Posts

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to gymbound, who made me a great deal, my bracket should be on the way tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My version of the stock exhaust hanger with footpeg delete...

Sorry for the large pic...

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts
anything to say about how easy it was to cut off the peg and/or any doctoring to hide the cut?

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
anything to say about how easy it was to cut off the peg and/or any doctoring to hide the cut?
I cut the footpeg portion off with a hacksaw with the hanger in place, just had to cover things up so I didn't get metal sawdust all over the bike...it looked disportionately thick where I made the cut, so I used a bastard cut file to bevel shape the area and a fine cut file to clean it up, then sanded and painted...didn't take that long at all...:)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Nice,but....

I like it :cool: but,
PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE...remove the idot stickers from the frame.....................:think:

Oh Yeah !! and can you get a Tail tidy please.....:cool:
And bin the mirrors........

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
patience my boy, patience...I'm retired, so if I do everything today, I won't have anything to do tomorrow...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Looks good. Glad to see old parts put to good use!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
One thing I going to do is paint the radiator shields black. The silver looks too busy on the Red SFS.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts