Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted: Dead or Intermittent Fuel Sensor for Dissecting

Looking for a dead fuel sensor. Need a '13 and up model. I just want to dissect it, possibly repair. My '13 is flakey and I've been on the resistor for a while. Just thought I would try to repair one. I will gladly pay for shipping < $10 - $15> via paypal. Please PM me.
Cheers
Steve W.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wanted: Dead or Intermittent Fuel Sensor for Dissecting

Looking for a dead fuel sensor. Need a '13 and up model. I just want to dissect it, possibly repair. My '13 is flakey and I've been on the resistor for a while. Just thought I would try to repair one. I will gladly pay for shipping < $10 - $15> via paypal. Please PM me.
Cheers
Steve W.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Steve, As we speak my 2015 MS 1200 is in the shop getting a new fuel sensor. I am scheduled to pick up the bike in several days so I will see if they will give it to me for you or if they must send it back to Ducati for return. Will follow up later.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Almost forgot....the dealer explained to me that the internals of the sensor deteriorate badly when exposed to alcohol fuel mixtures which he theorizes causes the sometimes intermittent faults prior to full blown failure. Factor this in as you see fit.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks MoRider's for your consideration. It is probably a fool's errand, but I would like to dissect one.
Thanks Steve

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I'll make you a deal, 😉

I'll send you one. If you are able to repair it and it continues to work, you agree to fix the next one I have that acts up and you send it back to me.

t_bare

·
Registered
353 Posts
I fixed the old one from my 2015 Diavel Carbon - same part, I believe. All I had to do was polish the float until if fit smoothly in the tube. When I initially removed it the float wouldn't move at all.

If it's one of the solder joints along the track it shouldn't be too difficult to trace down...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I found a couple of sensors. However, I can not find my PMs. This new format leaves a lot to be desired.

t_bare

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found a couple of sensors. However, I can not find my PMs. This new format leaves a lot to be desired.

t_bare
Hey t_bare
Just click on your picture icon "account details" in the upper right of the page after you are logged on. Then click on conversations. That should take you to the PM page which in now called Conversations.

Cheers

·
Registered
30 Posts
Steve, I picked up my MS a couple of days ago and the service manager explained that he could give the bad sensor to me AFTER Ducati assured him they did not need it for his reimbursement. I haven't forgotten you, just letting you know it may be awhile.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Steve, I picked up my MS a couple of days ago and the service manager explained that he could give the bad sensor to me AFTER Ducati assured him they did not need it for his reimbursement. I haven't forgotten you, just letting you know it may be awhile.
Thanks, No worries. Cheers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just received a couple of dead sensors from Mr. t_bare. Thanks to all for the replies.
Cheers
Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts