Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi everyone. I am looking for the best solution for a top case for my 2012 PP MTS. I'd like to find an OEM case but it looks like they're no longer offered new from DP. Any suggestions are welcome, especially regarding Givi, or potentially using one meant for a 2015 (which is readily available from DP).

Eric

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Ebay aside, you may want to contact Givi - who made them for Ducati - directly because you need a bunch of parts for it ... support brackets, mounting plate, nuts, bolts, spacers, etc ... and then the top case itself, of course.

I believe the whole top case setup is transferable from any 2011 - 2012 generation Touring model to the Pikes Peak. So if you can find a wrecked 2011 - 2012 generation Touring model being parted out, that may be a solution too.

I don't know if 2013 and onward parts will work. There may have been some changes.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
The top case was applicable for 2010-2014 all models. It came with the brackets and plate to mount it. I believe the top cases from pre-Dvt are interchangeable with Dvt, only the brackets changed. So if you can find brackets for 2010, you could put a newer case on it. If you are going to do anything with the factory case, make sure you have the spare lock cylinder that came with the bike.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. I'll have to look around for that spare lock cylinder, which sounds vaguely familiar. And if I understand things correctly, I need a bracket that will fit my current bike, and then i should be able to mount a case from 2015 on it, right?

I'll keep looking.

Eric

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
2010-2014 all use the same mounting hardware. Also, the Ducati top case, as stated already, was made by GIVI and uses a standard GIVI Monokey mount so any GIVI Monokey case will work with the DP bracket. Likewise, any GIVI Monokey mounting solution (and there are many) will work with with DP top case. The Monolock cases will not work with the Monokey or DP cases/brackets. Monolock is cheaper and not as well built so I'd definitely go with Monokey.

I have a DP bracket that came with my DP top case and I use a GIVI B33 top case as my daily commuter case. It is on the bike 99% of the time and has been for years.

Alt-rider makes a mounting plate for the 2010-2014 Multistrada or you could just order a GIVI bracket and top case online for your bike.

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I was 90% certain of what SD said about all Monokeys working. Glad he spoke up.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay update time. Not sure how I didn't find it earlier, or how I found it later, but there are a few dealers with the 2010-14 top case in stock. Bought one from AMS Ducati in Dallas for $750 or so. FIRST, though, I dug around my Ducati parts pile and found the OEM lock barrel. Thanks for the tip! I had looked quite a bit at the Givi setup and was close to ordering a Monokey kit. I'll post pics after I mount it.

Eric

1 - 9 of 9 Posts