Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a really nice carbon fiber hugger but the rear fender is still stock. It hangs down too low and still has the factory metal license plate mount on it. I want to cut it up higher, just beneith the turn signals. Has anyone ever done that? I'm assuming I just tape it off straight on the three sides, put a plastic cutting disc on a Dremmel on low speed and bingo, start cutting. Then some sandpaper on a block to tidy things up at the end. Is that all there is to it?

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Yep, nearly everyone does this. I did not, just to be different.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Or you could even fab up a completely new assembly with aluminum if you want it even higher up. I've done this with aftermarket rear indicators on either side of the plate. It really cleans up the look of the arse-end.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Tail piece

I hated the rear end from day one and after some bought items i ended up making my own. I bought a black plastic box (polypropylene I think) from the hardware. Cut off two corners so I had 3 faces - one to mount to the holes closet to the front, one to mount the indicators (turn signals) and the third to mount the rego plate.

Drilled a hole in the top of the rego light and one through the base under the seat to mount it. Cut out a bit of the vlack tail piece to mount the registartion tube up high.

I like it and if anyone else does not, I do not care!

Richard

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts