Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

As some of you may know I have a custom Two Bros exhaust on my bike...probably installed 10+ years ago. I found an installation guide on their site for what looks like the same kit on a newer 900SS (2001?) Had high and low mounts parts. Looks like I will just need the high mount S-pipes and mounting brackets to make this work. I'm not sure how "custom" my exhaust is but they definitely don't list a kit for my older bike. I only ask in here because the customer service dude @ Two Bros is not very familiar w/ Ducatis. I'm sure he will tell me has no idea if the parts will work. They have no email capability to send pictures of my system to them. They are about 200 Miles away.:mad:

My question is, do you think the muffler hangers/brackets will fit on my bike w/ out major mods? I can only guess by looking at pictures of newer 900s in here and it looks like the the bolt holes on the mounting flange are the same diameter apart. If they don't I guess I can buy OEM high mounts brackets and try to see if they will work the TwoBros cans I have now. My dealer has a couple carbon brackets collecting dust on his shelf.:) Thanks

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hope this helps

Mine is a 2001 900SSie.

On the frame, the bracket mounting centres are 70 mm. On the Ducati Performance cans (Remus) the mounting centres for the brackets are 60 mm.

Brackets are simple to make, the question that I see is will the pipes line up. and be the right diameter to "mate"

If you like your current cans, why not do what I did and set the cans where you want them and get a good exhaust dude to do the pipes to make them meet. Could be a lot less money and what you really want.

Also if your cans are tired, just rebaffle them. I did mine recently and material cost was less than Australian Dollars 100. All you need is a drill to remove the rivets, some new rivets, a rivetting tool and baffle material - so simple!. All still less than AUD 100.

Richard

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine is a 2001 900SSie.

On the frame, the bracket mounting centres are 70 mm. On the Ducati Performance cans (Remus) the mounting centres for the brackets are 60 mm.

Brackets are simple to make, the question that I see is will the pipes line up. and be the right diameter to "mate"

If you like your current cans, why not do what I did and set the cans where you want them and get a good exhaust dude to do the pipes to make them meet. Could be a lot less money and what you really want.

Also if your cans are tired, just rebaffle them. I did mine recently and material cost was less than Australian Dollars 100. All you need is a drill to remove the rivets, some new rivets, a rivetting tool and baffle material - so simple!. All still less than AUD 100.

Richard
Thanks Richard. I do have a muffler guy in town who does all my auto exhaust. he doesn't have stainless steel pipes and no mandrel bend machine to make smooth curve. Shops that do will charge more than the kit new. I think baffles are still good, bike isn't really load to annoy cops.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts