Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Really nice build. He certainly has a good sense when it comes to composing bikes. For example, I would never dare using that headlight for a build like this, but it turned out great.

Forgive me for my lack of better knowing, but is that the rectifier placed behind the forks? Wonder if stock cables can reach that far on the SC. Would probably solve any heat issues, and it's pretty stealthy.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Wow. That tank is gorgeous! The shape is the best blend of a GT and Sport styled tank I could imagine.

·
Bon Vivant
11,728 Posts
He took a 900SS and made an English style Cafe racer out of it. Please tell me how this is original or particularly profound in an way.

I grant you the build quality but as far as being something extraordinary, not so much.

Oh and those exhaust have no relation to any Conti I've ever seen, more like the exhaust from a commando or any of dozens of other Brit bikes.

I like the bike - I do, But I don't see what all the fuss is about. :sleep:

Just another in a long line a good builders following the cafe racer craze...

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For those of you familiar with his bikes, what kind of price for a build like this?

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
His past bikes were one off's for his clients so only they would know for sure. According to his FB page frames will be available for purchase "in early fall 2012. The weight is 20,5 pounds and can be ordered with stock mono shock or dual shock set up. It fits all two valve Ducati Monsters and Super Sports. You will have to source your own tank/seat combo"
I really wish he offered the tank and seat too

·
Registered
165 Posts
That shape is the blend of an Imola SS tank and a Manx racer...
what I meant by that was that it has the best aspects of the two tanks that I like - not to suggest they were from the actual GT and S1K tanks. That much is obvious.

I thought it was a custom shaped tank he made, I wasn't aware he used the manx and SS for his actual mold.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Walt Siegel 900

The builder's webpage offers these bikes to match the prototype we are all drooling over for $29000. I am going to have to go out to the garage and convince myself my CR is good enough. Wish me luck.

·
Bon Vivant
11,728 Posts
what I meant by that was that it has the best aspects of the two tanks that I like - not to suggest they were from the actual GT and S1K tanks. That much is obvious.

I thought it was a custom shaped tank he made, I wasn't aware he used the manx and SS for his actual mold.
I get it but what I was suggesting is that the design element more closely resemble an Imola and manx hybrid.
I have no idea how he made the tank but I imagine that he custom made it from scratch.

·
1,768 Posts
I agree with Flynn. The bike looks good. But that is all to it. Madrid's based Radical Ducati appeals to me more than this. Nice photo quality indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Love it but dang, why won't they sell the seat or tank separately??
Thats what I said but reading in to it further, molds were made from these parts to simplify reproduction so maybe down the road they may become available.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
This is much better looking than his previous bikes (they all looked off to me). This one is much more aesthetically pleasing though I can't stand the site of those heavy ass rotors!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts