Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I just walked in to my garage 10 minutes ago and the fan on my 1098s was stuck on for no reason!

I haven't ridden the bike since yesterday. It was completely cool, and sitting on the pitbull, and the fans were running (with the ignition in the off position) for no apparent reason!

I tried turning the key to the on position and then off again, no dice. Then I turned the bike on and let it run for a minute, and turned it off again, still no dice. I had to take the fairing off and disconnect the battery to get the fucking thing to stop.

Any known issues I should look at before taking the thing apart? I'm thinking the ECU is doing something wonky. I gotta say my "old" and "unreliable" 748s is looking better and better.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Pretty warm in Hell these days?

I keed!

Still, when the ignition is turned off, shouldn't all power but cut to anything after the ignition?

Melted shielding on wires somewhere? Do any mods yesterday?

I had a ZX-9R that did that. Turns out a whole wire loom shorted/melted/very bad stuff causing the fan the run.

Ice her down, tell her everythin' will be OK.

Dana

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
729 Posts

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
The problem is most likely a stuck fan relay.Hook the wire back up and see if the fan cuts off if you tap the relay.What happens is the contacts in the relay will burn a bit due to the high amp draw from starting the fan.If they are pitted they will arc and can sort of weld themselves together and stay in the on position.That is where I would look first.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
I experienced similar behavior with a fuel pump. The problem was the relay. Cost me $8.00 at the NAPA auto parts store.

Lar.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Why do people hose their bikes down???

It takes me 20 mins top to do it with a spray bottle and a towel.

·
9,757 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts