Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

OK, so now I am looking for tires. I decide on either the Pilot Power CT2 or the Pilot Road 2. I start to search the internet and come up with some decent prices. I decided to stop by a couple of local shops to give them a chance to earn my business. WOW! They sure are proud of their tires. I made a comment on the cost to one gentleman and he said that a lot of folks were going with the new Shinko tire and they were a good tire. He had them on his V MAX. I politely explained that I would not care for that piece of shit on my bike and he asked what kind of bike I ride. I told him and he stiffened up and said " Oh, I can see why you would not want that tire". WTF?
One Dealer threw in mounting the tire for a cost of $260.00 for the Pilot Power CT2.
I sourced a set front and rear for around $275.00 on the internet. My buddy just got his no mar tire changer so now I wait patiently for my tires.
I still have a little life in the rear but no riding today in the rain.:mad:

·
Registered
183 Posts
260.00 mounted, that beats the best price i found by 29.00 plus the cost of mounting i would give my buisiness to the local guy.
where did you get that price from?

·
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
$260.00 mounted was just for the rear tire. I paid a few more dollars for both tires! That is what I meant about the dealers being proud of there tires. It must be like buying an airline ticket. If you can wait till next week its 300.00. If you need to fly today its a 1,000.00 :eek:

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have the Pilot Power 2 CT's and I don't think you'll be disappointed.
If the dealer had to remove the wheel from the bike I guess that's not too bad.
But if you carried the wheel in to them, I would find someone else.

·
Registered
183 Posts
$260.00 mounted was just for the rear tire. I paid a few more dollars for both tires! That is what I meant about the dealers being proud of there tires. It must be like buying an airline ticket. If you can wait till next week its 300.00. If you need to fly today its a 1,000.00 :eek:
AHHHH then I see your point 2620.00 for a rear tire ..... he must want to retire early.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I just got Brtidgestone BT016 on my 996 for 260 + 40 mount/balance (for both tires).

They are slightly cheaper than the Michelin, but regardless still pretty comparable to online prices. This was through cycle gear which have a lot of stores around.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Sportbike track gear online has front and rear set for 260 shipped. Ducpond in Winchester, VA mounted and ballanced front and rear for less than $60.

·
Premium Member
377 Posts
I have run Pilot Powers on my ST4s since new and always been very happy with them except for the limited life span so at the last change I went with the Pilot Road 2's. I have put about 4k miles on the set and still have significant wear left on them. The handling characteristics are quite good, good enough to allow me to scrap a lot of hard parts (not by low siding!) going through the Ozarks. I picked them up at Cycle Gear while they had a sale on street tires going on and paid within about $20 of the internet price allowing me to support local business, which I do whenever possible.

·
8,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Right after I purchased them cycle gear put the diablos on sale for 199:mad:
syd2315, Donnie and his guys are great people. I am 3 hours from there, but whenever I am in the area I always stop buy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts