Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the local dealership today and demo'd a few Ducs during my lunch break. Took out a 696 Monster, which as my dealer described to me, is a great starter/entry level bike. He was right, my impressions were about the same.
Long story short, I came back to the dealership in a rather short amount of time and swapped keys for the SFs that they have. Earlier in the morning they had just put on a full Termi kit and hadn't really had it out and about yet. So I was the 1st to demo it....hehehe Anywho, even just pulling out of the parking lot, this machine just wanted to GO! So, I spun it out to the highway and opened it up. MAN oh MAN! This thing had enough accelleration to, what felt like, push your brain to the back of your skull! Even from a 4th gear roll on to WOT, holy schnikes!! So, after about 30min or so of, what can be describe as nothing short of, pure pleasure... I sadly returned to the dealership and parked the bike. Lunch hour was almost over and I had to get back to work...but anyway...Talk about PERMAGRIN!
I BS'd with the dealer for a while about my experience and we sorted out some numbers. Brought those numbers home to the wife and she finally said "YES, go ahead and order it..." So tomorrow, I get to order my ultimate bike! Going to get her in Pearl White and get the Termi slip-on kit installed. I'm so stoked!:abduct:

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good for you man, I can relate to the excitement, got mine a week ago and can't stop smiling 380 miles later. Good luck.

·
Bon Vivant
10,928 Posts
I know the rush is hard to pull away from and reality and practicality is not what you want to talk about but you better ride that thing again and this time ride it at 25 30 35 and 40 for a time... be sure you can live with it every day friend

Good luck

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know the rush is hard to pull away from and reality and practicality is not what you want to talk about but you better ride that thing again and this time ride it at 25 30 35 and 40 for a time... be sure you can live with it every day friend

Good luck
I did just that in the beginning of my test ride. My biggest fear with this bike is what I've been reading about on here with the rideability issues at slower speeds. Seeing as how I work on a military installation, our speed limits are 35mph everywhere on base, so I wanted to see for myself how it reacted going slow. The first part of my ride was around the city streets of Little Rock. Stop and go traffic, stop lights, and 25-35mph constant speeds. The bike seemed to perform very well! Much the same as my old 600RR.
I will be sure to take it out again though, today, and do more city driving at lower speeds before I pull the final trigger. But, I think that it's going to wind up being negligable and something I'll just have to live, to have, what can be considered, the bike of my dreams!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Best definition of the bike came from a friend of mine who had ridden it before I: "creamy".

I started with the 696, then 1100S, then the SFS. The decision was pretty much all or nothing once I rode the SF.

Believe I would have bought the white had it come in S trim.

·
Registered
185 Posts

Good luck[/QUOTE

Good morning Mr Sunshine.:)

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
sheesh flyn, you oughta put that line in your sig to keep you from posting how bad your bike is to each and every new post about someone looking at the bike! ;)

Chris
PS> j/k, I feel your pain as I've had bikes (my tuono comes to mind immediately as the worst running bike out of the box I ever had) that I bought that didn't behave as they should, I guess on this one either A. I'm oblivious to it which is fine, or B It's not so bad at least on my bike that it ruins the ride, which is fine too

Good luck

Attachments

·
Registered
262 Posts
SkiZero congratulations on your soon to be SF!

I've put 1800 miles on mine in the first month and absolutely love it!!!! :)

·
Bon Vivant
10,928 Posts
sheesh flyn, you oughta put that line in your sig to keep you from posting how bad your bike is to each and every new post about someone looking at the bike!

OKAY OKAY I'll stop harping! :D

Actually my bike is tolerable with the reflash and the fatducs.

(and it's freakin awesome in every other way!)

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm picking up my bike tomorrow with the full exhaust installed. I'll let everyone know how it works out.
Ken
First mods to this bike, sans exhaust, will be Frame sliders and a tidy tail. Do you guys prefer one brand over another? Mainly, build quality is what I'm asking about...

·
Registered
118 Posts
First mods to this bike, sans exhaust, will be Frame sliders and a tidy tail. Do you guys prefer one brand over another? Mainly, build quality is what I'm asking about...
I just did the tail tidy. It's easy, build quality fine for the $.

You'll get a few different opinions but it's not like you're replacing the clutch, if you know what I mean.

·
Registered
118 Posts
desmoworks or motowheels.

motovation is local and I know the owner so I'll prob be using them from now on. Great sliders, too.

You get a discount with the site sponsors. Frame sliders are a little tough to source right now but I'm sure that will be resolved soon.

·
Registered
102 Posts

motovation is local and I know the owner so I'll prob be using them from now on. Great sliders, too.

You get a discount with the site sponsors. Frame sliders are a little tough to source right now but I'm sure that will be resolved soon.
Motovation has frame sliders in stock, just got mine in 1 day from them. Not yet installed, but quality looks good so far. Speedymoto has a backorder from me for frame sliders, for over a month...

·
Registered
47 Posts

Is motovation a site sponsor? If so, what is discount code?

·
Premium Member
2012 Matte Black SFS
427 Posts
I actually put the Motovation Sliders to work...and THEY WORKED!!! :D BTW, I'll post pics of the moto soon. It's all fixed up after the crash, and you can barely tell I was in a crash! If you do call Motovation, talk to Roland...he's the man to talk to. They have carbon fiber bits and pieces in the works for the SF as well...!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Motovation has frame sliders in stock, just got mine in 1 day from them. Not yet installed, but quality looks good so far. Speedymoto has a backorder from me for frame sliders, for over a month...
Did you call in your order? Received mine directly from SM 3 weeks ago (2 days after the phone order).

1 - 20 of 37 Posts