Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
There is a modification that Biggelaar did in the Netherlands that made them silent as well, for far less than $1900.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a modification that Biggelaar did in the Netherlands that made them silent as well, for far less than $1900.
There is???? Cool! You have the link??? need to prepare to change my clutch set soon

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
That is a beautiful piece of work! The price is not outrageous when you look at the quality and craftsmanship, and the fact that everything gets replaced. The equivalent stock parts would cost nearly as much and sound like a helicopter crash an hour after installation.

pg
DD

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a beautiful piece of work! The price is not outrageous when you look at the quality and craftsmanship, and the fact that everything gets replaced. The equivalent stock parts would cost nearly as much and sound like a helicopter crash an hour after installation.

pg
DD
Yeah mate. It seems its near to maintenance free. Rather a long surviving clutch. Buy now. no need to pay much in the future.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Wow....this clutch is pretty unique. So is the price too. But it really give the dry clutch a very very unique kinda sound

Wagner Lewis High Performance Ducati Dry Clutch - Ducati, performance clutch, dry clutch | Ducati Blog

Lightweight Pro Clutch

anyone using it??
I installed one and have to say it's worth it. Has consistent control at the lever, silky smooth launches with amazing control downshifting and engine breaking into corners – surprising how good really. Sounds great with an open cover also – not loud but you won't mistake it for something other than a dry clutch.

VERY high quality usually cost more, but as has already been said in other posts, it really isn't that much more when you consider the big picture, plus you'll probably get more enjoyment out of the bike. I fell back in love with mine.

I did a write-up about it (admittedly long) with the same link you added but it was taken down because of the link I was told. I rewrote it without link, posted, and it was immediately moved to the basement in Apparel, Accessory's & Toiletries so few would see it............ Just trying to help others know more about it – long winded as it was.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/11-duca...ewis-lightweight-pro-awesome.html#post1421860

·
Ducati Designs
1,125 Posts
It might be a good idea if Wagner-Lewis were to become a sponsoring member of the site. Then W-L could have their own discussion area. They will always take flak for having an expensive product, but if they can take the heat, there are probably customers to be cultivated.

pg
DD

·
Old Wizard
3,006 Posts
Wagner Lewis Clutch

This is much different than the quiet clutch mod. Here's why the Wagner Lewis clutch offers better modulation and service life and warrants your consideration.

Spring (dished) plates smooth the clutch action by progressively increasing the force between plates, as opposed to just grabbing or juddering when the friction force between plates shift from lower dynamic friction to higher static friction. Consequently, spring plates also reduce the hammering that the plate and basket tabs experience, so that clutch component service life is increased.

In particular, this smoothing of the clutch engagement by the inclusion of dished plates allows for better modulation of the clutch by the rider. You get a smoother take-up because judder during clutch release is reduced to a minimum.

The Wagner Lewis clutch appears to use a (different than OEM) special design of spring plate for better control of inter-plate forces that is likely to enhance modulation characteristics. Combined with components that are machined and hand assembled to better tolerances, this will reduce slop in the power train take-up to further enhance clutch action.

·
Registered
757 Posts
after watching his video, i was wishing i have a dry clutch so i can try this out. sounds like a great product. some websites don't even explain anything and just shows you all their gazillion of colours the product comes in. is that really the reason for having a dry clutch? :mad:

·
Registered
607 Posts
This is much different than the quiet clutch mod. Here's why the Wagner Lewis clutch offers better modulation and service life and warrants your consideration.

Spring (dished) plates smooth the clutch action by progressively increasing the force between plates, as opposed to just grabbing or juddering when the friction force between plates shift from lower dynamic friction to higher static friction. Consequently, spring plates also reduce the hammering that the plate and basket tabs experience, so that clutch component service life is increased.

In particular, this smoothing of the clutch engagement by the inclusion of dished plates allows for better modulation of the clutch by the rider. You get a smoother take-up because judder during clutch release is reduced to a minimum.

The Wagner Lewis clutch appears to use a (different than OEM) special design of spring plate for better control of inter-plate forces that is likely to enhance modulation characteristics. Combined with components that are machined and hand assembled to better tolerances, this will reduce slop in the power train take-up to further enhance clutch action.
Shazaam, would you please comment on the "quiet clutch" mod? If you are familiar with it. (take top friction plate and insert it first, behind steel plate, IOT increase overall plate tension in the basket)

IOW, do you recommend it? Cause I really want to try it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah man. The more i see, i more tempting it is getting. such beautiful piece of art!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I installed one and have to say it's worth it. Has consistent control at the lever, silky smooth launches with amazing control downshifting and engine breaking into corners – surprising how good really. Sounds great with an open cover also – not loud but you won't mistake it for something other than a dry clutch.

VERY high quality usually cost more, but as has already been said in other posts, it really isn't that much more when you consider the big picture, plus you'll probably get more enjoyment out of the bike. I fell back in love with mine.

I did a write-up about it (admittedly long) with the same link you added but it was taken down because of the link I was told. I rewrote it without link, posted, and it was immediately moved to the basement in Apparel, Accessory's & Toiletries so few would see it............ Just trying to help others know more about it – long winded as it was.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/11-duca...ewis-lightweight-pro-awesome.html#post1421860
Hey man! I just got off the phone with Leif and I ordered one for my 996. I hope you're still happy with yours!

·
Registered
622 Posts

Are just the dished plates available & will they fit our OEM baskets, Seems like THAT would be the ticket to better performance, without having to take out a mortgage.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hey man! I just got off the phone with Leif and I ordered one for my 996. I hope you're still happy with yours!
Works FLAWLESSLY!! You'll LOVE it!

Are just the dished plates available & will they fit our OEM baskets, Seems like THAT would be the ticket to better performance, without having to take out a mortgage.
The plates won't fit the OEM baskets. It's really the complete package working together, not just one part here or there that makes it so good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts