Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have direct experience with running VP race fuels (U4.4 ) with SP or Corse carbon tanks?

I ran it in the ETI/FuelCel Carbon/Kevlar tank on my 749R for many years, but their tanks are lined and aren't affected by race fuels. I have the opportunity to buy a CF SP tank to use on my 888 racebike, but if I can't safely run VP 4.4, then it's of little use to me.

Thanks.

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
After you coat the tanks it will be just like the lined ETI tanks. I'm pretty sure you will have not problems.

I've had a lot of customers use race fuels with CF tanks uncoated. But since ethanol has been introduced the uncoated CF and plastic tanks have had a lot of problems.

I can get you Caswells number if you want to contact them to see if they have had any experience with VP fuels.

-M

·
Registered
22 Posts
Ran VP in my SFS

I ran VP T4 in my stock Street Fighter S tank. No issues, but wasn't carbon, but I called the guys from VP first.

Told them my issue and they were VERY helpful, you may want to give them a call. Call the motorcycle support desk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts