Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Go for it!
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's go to Volcano on Sunday for lunch and pies. Pies are worth the trip. Let's start at 10AM.

Ted can you specify the meet location in Sacto?

Ducshep and Deltaduc: want to meet in Stockton?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Careful guys on getting into Vocano...CHP has been parking regularly under the big oak on hwy 16 near Old Sacto rd. And with the recent rain....it will still have some damp roads with pine needles just outside of Fiddletown. I went on Wednesday before the rain and got my pie fix! Have a great safe ride!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I’ll be at the 76 station on East Fremont/26 and 99 at 10:00. Might have a few from Modesto joining us if MOTO brings the 1098. They want to admire over it some more.

The lower side of 26 is awesome. Right now there is enough sun to dry the roads by the time we get there Kevin. I as long as the temps don’t drop below freezing in that area, & the weather guessers are correct, on Sunday morning the roads will be fine.

I would be nice if some of the Sac guys made the trek down this way some time! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
525 Posts
PIE……..I’m not going for their pie. It makes you FAT. Besides, my trainer would be upset with me.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Makes sense to me :confused:. What's the name of the pie place? Any other points of interest to see on the way or around there?
Humble Pies.

Daffodil Hill is right up the road but it's only open in the Spring. Black Chasm Park is near there too. I've stopped at the gift shop there but never taken the cave tour.

·
Premium Member
8,739 Posts
Even if Dafodil hill was open I'd skip it. I took my family up there several times and it was closed for one reason or another. Finally heard it was open and once inside we soon discovered it was a joke, really. Its a small hill sparsely populated by Dafodils, we thought it was going to be some big hill jammed with flowers like the Wizard of Oz. The place was kind of a junkyard and my daughters couldn't contain their laughter after all the build up about the place.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Even if Dafodil hill was open I'd skip it. I took my family up there several times and it was closed for one reason or another. Finally heard it was open and once inside we soon discovered it was a joke, really. Its a small hill sparsely populated by Dafodils, we thought it was going to be some big hill jammed with flowers like the Wizard of Oz. The place was kind of a junkyard and my daughters couldn't contain their laughter after all the build up about the place.
Too bad. Sounds like a guy with a big piece of property tries to figure out how to make some commercial draw out of it. Well, I guess it's better than a bunch of glass bottles on wooden poles. I may ride up for the pie and the scenery anyway. I'll be going at my usual slow pace :sleep: so don't blow me off the road as you go by guys.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Too bad. Sounds like a guy with a big piece of property tries to figure out how to make some commercial draw out of it. Well, I guess it's better than a bunch of glass bottles on wooden poles. I may ride up for the pie and the scenery anyway. I'll be going at my usual slow pace :sleep: so don't blow me off the road as you go by guys.
Duc-a-tak

Here’s a map of the route I, Quan & my buddies from Modesto are taking. Please join us at the 76 station on E. Fremont St. in Stockton around 10:00. If we get on the road by 10:30 it will put us in Volcano about noon. With an hour break for these out-a-shape pie eaters, we’d be back in the Stockton area by 3:00 and you’d be back in the bay before dark.:D

1 - 20 of 52 Posts