Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here I am sittin in my favorite Sushi joint with Jen (the crew chief) discussing our planst to head up the route some of you are gonna ride with us in August. We plan on doing it with cams mounted next Friday so's we can post for you all...

Anyhow my $35,000.00 SC is parked directly outside the window across the sidwalk at the meter spitting distance from me as always. A japanese SUV parked at the meter in front of me. The street is downhill from my bike towards the SUV.

I notice 4 folks leaving the restaraunt and they walk around thier vehicle and get in. I notice the driver (woman from China) throw it in reverse (for what reason I dont know as there is no-one parked in front of her) and slowly back up towards my 4 year mega buck project !! I jump from my table screaming " she's gonna back over my Fuc**n bike !!! :eek:

I literally mowed over 2 or 3 tables ...sushi and soy sauce flyin everywhere...meanwhile I see my bike slowly being pushed over up on the side stand...soon as I hit the open door I scream at her " stop ! you stupid Fu** !! ...so she does and slowly rolls ahead by the time I reach her pass side window....Mr (Canadian host) moneybags in the back states " so what ...we got insurance ! I ran amok ! :mad: I said Fu** you bastard ...write a check for $40K right Fu**in now !! :mad: He shuts up

Crew chief is outside looking the bike over which thank freakin God above didnt fall down !! Seems she caught the Speedy Moto slider and the Zard right under it ...but no damage ....

So I go back up to our tourist who's apologizing on behalf of her whole family all the way back to Confucius ....I told her I was sorry for yellin at her ...but I gave Richie Rich's dad in the back seat the Evil Eye .....:mad:

So as I roll into the Chevron a few block away I apply some front brake ....all the way to the bar and barely notta !!

Anyhow her bumper musta pushed against the hose end fitting right at the caliper bolt and pushed it back...loosing it off and seeping brake fluid..but I didnt find the problem to till I got home and put it up on the lift for a once-over .

Oh ya ...and whilst I'm still in a freakin fit on the way home I roll thru a speed trap 30kms over...and they pull me in . One cop 40 something the other 60+ and both harley riders (traffic cops) and the old guy starts up with the its too loud, the plate's too low, those led lites are too dim bullshit ....lucky for me the younger guy was admiring my ride and I told him what had just happened to me ....he also rides off duty so believe it or not he took sympathy on me ...shook my hand and gave me a pass ! We chewed the fat for awhile and I was on my way...

So I crippled it home and tomorrow I'll give it the once over .....

I'm still havin visions of her rolling right over the top of it crushing my $3k Alpinas and everything else along with it !!:eek:

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Muzz

·
Registered
42 Posts
That's terrible, I would have reacted the same! I'm pleased it didn't end up worse. Some clown did the same thing to my ninja 250 (when I was younger) at a gas station. Nothing in front of his car and he just put it into reverse and backed into my bike, I think I yelled at him. My bike was still on the side stand and was just nudged back a few inches. I was just having a conversation with a biker a few minutes ago about how I park on the sidewalk often (if I ever leave my bike) as I would rather have someone complain than deal with a damaged bike. I'm glad your amazing bike only sustained minor damage.

·
Premium Member
1,088 Posts
Wow that blows, hope the fix process goes quickly and you get that bastard to pay for all of it. Now I don't feel like such a paranoid crazy person about always wanting to park my bike somewhere I can see it wherever I go. The sidewalk tip is a good idea, I'd rather pay a few parking tickets than have some jerk hit and run on me

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Bloody hell Stephano!!! I bet that put a few more grey hairs on your head.
So very lucky her 4wd didn't drive straight over the top of Black n' Blue.
Reminds me of the time someone drove their car head on into my 907 Paso.
They then reversed causing the bike to fall to the ground looking somewhat crumpled:(
I heard the noise & came out to find the 78yr old driver trying to pick it up.
Poor old bugger had no insurance,luckily paid $ for the damage.
I can sort of see how you could not see a bike parked behind a 4wd,but too drive head on into big red jellybean of a Ducati still has me baffled.
Anyhow glad your bike did not suffer the same fate as the big red Paso.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Dam Dude,

That is why I always try to park on the sidewalk. May get a ticket... but not hit! If you park behind cars, eventually you will be run over.

See you in Vancouver.

Lee

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Muzzman,

You just lived one of my worst nightmares. Hopefully the damages are only cosmetic and can be remedied quickly. I've always admired your craftsmanship and creativity. I am sure you will turn this incident into someting even more special.

·
Premium Member
12,294 Posts
Crap like that drives me nuts...
I parked way out in the middle of nowhere in a Costco parking lot and 4 old ladies pull right up beside my truck and trailer while I had my passenger door open and ask me to close my door so they can get out!!!

There were 300 EMPTY parking spaces between me and the next vehicle!!!
I said go park somewhere else in a louder than usual raised voice , Even Wifey didn't give me a look for being unpolite...

I always take up 2 spots in the outback parking lots with the truck ...
Idiots everywhere,
Don't let it eat you up , fix it and forgetabout it . You can't punch old ladies...(unless no one is looking...)

·
Registered
365 Posts
Always good to have extra karma points for days like this. :)

Glad she's ok.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Um, so, how was the Sushi? :D

Seriously, though, how horrifying. Give her a good going over then go for a ride. Nothing clears the anxieties like a good blast on yer Ducati.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Muzzman, a nightmare for all of us!!! Hope the fix is simple and she's ok.
Take a deep breath brother.
Best wishes, Frank

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
BRUTAL! I was feeling sick just reading your account.

Your quick reaction saved some serious damage.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Vancouver

Man I didn't even have to look up your lat and long to know you're in Hong-couver. Lived there for 35 years, similar incident with my 100th anniversary Vrod. hope all goes well with the fix... Could have been a lot worse!

How do you make a Chinese person blind?
Put a windshield in front of them.

Ok that was totally inappropriate... I apologize to all my Asian friends.
“Gung Hay Fat Choy”

·
Premium Member
2,887 Posts
Crew chief is outside looking the bike over which thank freakin God above didnt fall down !! Seems she caught the Speedy Moto slider and the Zard right under it ...but no damage ...
$40K ridable/functional bike and it has sliders...I wonder what the nay-sayers are thinkin'? :D

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Duuude. As I read each line of your post I started feeling more and more sick - but I was so relieved to get to the end and find out the damage is minor. Phew!!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sorry to hear that your bike got bumped and that you have to repair the brake line, but not really sure why you felt that you had to include the driver was Chinese and driving a Japanese car.

·
Registered
846 Posts
muzzman,

i can totally sympathize -- i watched some old fart back into my gt 6 feet away from my table at the coffee shop (my head was turned). knocked her over, scratched the tank, and scuffed my 5-day old termi's. worst of all, he was angry at me!!

glad to hear the bike's ok. someone really needs to invent a horn that goes off on the bike while its in park when another vehicle approaches too closely.

·
Registered
2008 Ducati S4Rs Tricolore
32 Posts
Sorry to hear that your bike got bumped and that you have to repair the brake line, but not really sure why you felt that you had to include the driver was Chinese and driving a Japanese car.
You should know by now that muzzman is a little TOUCHY about the third world...I am sure this comment is going to start a war but who cares..someone has to say it!!!

threads

1 - 20 of 48 Posts