Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Flynnbulldog... Off topic, but I was staring at the screen for while and noticed your collection of bikes. Another GB 500 owner. There are so few that I see or know about. Great fun drive.

Gordon

·
Bon Vivant
11,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Flynnbulldog... Off topic, but I was staring at the screen for while and noticed your collection of bikes. Another GB 500 owner. There are so few that I see or know about. Great fun drive.

Gordon
It's a bike that I have lusted over for years. I finally went on a serious search for one about 5 years ago and found a perfect untouched bike.
My wife rides it more than I do but it is a beautiful bike and great fun to ride.
Most people have never even heard of it...

BTW if you ever want to part with that 850i...

·
Registered
120 Posts
I bought one when they were new, but it was stolen a few years later. My current bike has 3700 miles on it. In addition to the original parts, it has the period White Brothers kit that takes it to 600cc's and has higher compression pistons and a bigger carb. Can't kick start it with the 11.5 compression and big single. I'm a wuss. The sound from the Conti exhaust is beautiful, but loud as hell.

There's a guy you may know on here selling his 450 single cafe racer. I wonder what that motor sounds like.

Gordon

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
flynbulldog said:
I'm with you - I know my MH900e is not in the same league as your bikes but I only rarely ride it trying to keep the mileage reasonable
My wife felt that I was putting too many miles on #225 and encouraged me to get another "Classic" to keep the total mileage in check, so I have now only 19K on the Hailwood and almost 16K on my Sport. I did take my MH900e for a short (110 miles) spin yesterday - it's so much fun to ride that bike and the reactions of people just add to it.

flynbulldog said:
I'm probably going to take it to the LasVegas Auction next Jan and see if someone wants it more than I do.
Look no further Mike, you've found that person ..... Now if you say that you're looking for someone willing to pay more than ..... well, you know what I'm saying .... I'm afraid I'll have to pass. Yours is just soooooooo beautiful; I drool over the pics every now and then and dream about riding that bike.

RonB

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Picture is of Gulliano Maoggi who won the 1956 Giro d'Italia-I was with him last week at the 2010 MotoGiro d'Italia-both he and his wife Anna are great fun and he was still competing in the event-amazing guy.

My bikes-1971 450RT which I rode the Giro on and 1964 250GT which I am about to start restoring-RT is in original condition with addition of lights and 'silencer'.

Attachments

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hi,

A photo from the 2010 Motogiro and then a few days we had after riding in the Italian Dolomites. The most spectacular riding I've ever done!

Motogiro day 3 (I think)

The rest are the Dolomites..

IMG]http://i941.photobucket.com/albums/ad252/machten1960/Europe%202010/P6101211.jpg[/IMG]

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
Sweet photos, thanks for sharing :)

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
hmm looks like the photo was taken in Uk. Drag bars on a street bike, old school but good stuff.

·
Registered
30 Posts
flynbulldog; I don't think that kind of showing would be possible in the US...

You weren't at the 2005 Vintage Motorcycle days were you?

·
Premium Member
3,494 Posts
hmm looks like the photo was taken in Uk. Drag bars on a street bike, old school but good stuff.
Those are clubman bars. They utilize the original bar clamps on the top triple. Poor man's clipons. I still have a couple pairs on the shelf.

41 - 60 of 391 Posts