Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

381 - 391 of 391 Posts

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #385
Great bike flynbulldog, it looks to be very original. Best engine ever made!
I bought it from the widow of a man who has owned it since 1978. It has a little over 14000 miles on it and was ridden it's whole life up until last fall when the owner passed away unexpectedly (I did not discuss the circumstances with the widow) There are very few parts that are not original on the bike. I plan to clean it up, replace some of the non-original parts and try my hand at riding it. But it's pretty demanding to fold onto so I have no idea how I'll get on with it. Eventually, I'll likely do a partial cosmetic restoration but that's not decided at this time. This is really a once in a lifetime dream bike for me - This is my Vincent black shadow.

·
comrade moderator
27,181 Posts
That is just too sweet! Ever since that magazine pic of the guy riding one of these on the highway laying on a huge tank bag...I've always wanted one!

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Lucky you! they are as rare as hen's teeth over here. You can make the 750 Sport a lot more comfortable by swopping the handlebars over to the opposite fork leg, so that they are upside down; it really takes the strain off the wrists.

·
Registered
19 Posts

The one I wish I had never sold....

My first Duc. Those brown leathers are almost an embarrassment to view today. What the the hell was I thinking?? Hahaha

381 - 391 of 391 Posts