Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 391 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
WOW :eek: I don't think that kind of showing would be possible in the US...
You should get out more, That kind of showing is Possible just in West central Florida where I live!!!! LOL

·
Registered
87 Posts
There certainly should be more Ducatis in the US than in Australia. However per capita we did better as every 60,000th Aussie was the proud owner of a greenframe. I missed out on my greenframe by a mere $300. A mate was selling his for $1,500. I had $1,200 and told him I needed a couple of days to get the rest. He sold the bike to another club member as he desperately needed the money. Another friend now owns the same bike and he lets me sit on it and even let me ride it around a carpark once.
I still have my 750 Sport and DB1 Bimota to console me.

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You should get out more, That kind of showing is Possible just in West central Florida where I live!!!! LOL
it may be possible... but it doesn't happen. :p

We have an Italian Bike/car show in Denver every year, the Automezzi,
bikes in attendance: 3 bevels and a bunch of monsters -
OK there's a few more bikes but they are mostly just every-day riders...

·
Registered
193 Posts
There's at least 5 of the more "desirable" bikes in those pictures that came from the US, including one of the greenframes, and 4 of those bikes came via Florida. At AU$0.96 to the US dollar it was pretty cost effective to buy and ship US bikes, and a few people took advantage of that. Of course that works both ways - there was plenty of Oz bikes being shipped the other way at 65c to the dollar.

·
Registered
862 Posts
New bike for me

Just purchased a 78 900 ss being a one owner with only 4900k's from new still has original tyres on it

·
Registered
862 Posts
I ride the 75 a fair bit but the 78 being such low kilometers I would prefer to preserve it I think the 78 has never even seen a wet road .

·
Ducati Acolyte
819 Posts
I took this picture in Germany at the Technik Museum Speyer.

Emblem: Moto Ducati
Year: 1964
Model: 200 Elite
CCM: 204
PS: 19

Attachments

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I ride the 75 a fair bit but the 78 being such low kilometers I would prefer to preserve it I think the 78 has never even seen a wet road .
I'm with you - I know my MH900e is not in the same league as your bikes but I only rarely ride it trying to keep the mileage reasonable.

I know you guys have seen these pics before but here's my 74:

·
Registered
242 Posts
I'm with you - I know my MH900e is not in the same league as your bikes but I only rarely ride it trying to keep the mileage reasonable.

I know you guys have seen these pics before but here's my 74:

I've said it before and I'll say it again-nicest looking bevel i've seen.
I read the rebuild thread--how about some road test info ?

·
Bon Vivant
11,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I've said it before and I'll say it again-nicest looking bevel i've seen.
I read the rebuild thread--how about some road test info ?
I haven't ridden it :cool:

I started the bike to make sure it was all good and running, set the carbs and that's it...

It's ready to go - battery is charged and everything works. I just don't have any need to ride it. I guess I'd rather leave it pristine.

I'm probably going to take it to the LasVegas Auction next Jan and see if someone wants it more than I do.

I know, kinda silly since I built it to ride, but the damn things are worth so much moola now-days...
That's why I don't want to restore my 73 - I do ride that one.

I am taking it to a show this weekend.

21 - 40 of 391 Posts