Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

321 - 330 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Cheers beck, only ask as mine is a may 82 and as far as I know these were pretty much the last ones delivered here?

I'm the third owner and the bloke I bought mine off had it painted in 78 colour scheme (which I prefer anyway)
and said that when he purchased it (off the original owner) that the bike, still in original colours, had the silver frame
and it hadn't been repainted.

Often wondered if that was the case seeming they normally came in black but also knowing what Ducati were like at that time
with a model that was coming to an end.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah who knows , one of the operators might have sprayed the frame silver just because he felt like making it like the earlier model. (maybe last one on the line)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Rick's '81 MHR winter project

Hi folks: I thought I'd share. My kitchen and living room smell a little funny as there's bits of Ducati everywhere. Finally, after 28 years of looking pretty in garages, crates and storage cubicles, my old Hailwood is being prepped for getting back on the road next Spring. As you will see from the pictures, the only real fixings are stuff-that-needs-to-be-done-after-28 years; brakes, carbs, tires, some electrical gremlins (maybe a new, modern ignition system), fairing brackets and other stuff that I will no doubt discover as I plunge further. This is so much fun; in my late teens and early twenties, I always had a bike or bike parts in the bedroom/living room.

If you are a purist, don't look. I bought my 81MHR in around 86 and back then, my mates and I modified our bikes; despite what ever it's worth to others, I've never regarded it as an "investment"; it's just mine! Some oddities: it's got a magnetic sump plug underneath, a filler point over the clutch, an oil sight glass, a modified oil filter feeding a radiator, ally bevel tubes and breather top. Inside, it's got bigger valves and heavier duty main bearings. All those years ago, it got grounded due to electrical gremlins and a tiny pinhole leak adjacent to the left petcock. Prior to these issues, it ran great. Life got in the way but now it's time to get it rolling.

Anyhow, the first of the pre-pull-apart pictures from this summer:

321 - 330 of 330 Posts