Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Yes, it depends what model you are looking for. The pre-Bosch era 860s were probably the worst, but there is nothing on them that cannot be sorted.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
As they are becoming more and more valuable, The one that is available and affordable is the best year.The most desirable are the roundcase twins but their prices are approching the stratosphere.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
As they are becoming more and more valuable, The one that is available and affordable is the best year.The most desirable are the roundcase twins but their prices are approching the stratosphere.

Luckily I bought mine (1974 750GT) right before prices started to rise.

Got it for $700. :D

Then put many thousands of dollars into rebuilding it... :eek:

Only to see prices rise fast enough that it's still worth more than I have into it. :eek:

·
Bon Vivant
11,444 Posts
The roundcase twins seem to be the most desirable but collectors of singles and twins don't usually agree.
The twins bring more money.

Roundcase bikes were built in 72 73 and 74. Some Roundcase bikes were made available in Australia in 78.

ANY of the roundcases are good bikes to collect and are increasing in value.
The most valuable and most desirable Ducati of all time is the roundcase 750SS.
There were a little more than 450 of them made in 1974.

Some Ducatisti who understand the history believe the 750 SS is the worlds most beautiful bike.
I love it but I'll take my Tricolore as the worlds most beautiful :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts