Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Cool cone work, although a lot of variations on a theme. I also now know not to run from a cop when confronted with a low speed chase through a parking lot full of cones! :)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Not easy!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
whatta bunch of squids man....half helmets and little to no gear....what they think they are?....

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
mattjw916 said:
lol, my bike can barely run at 15mph as it is...

You'd be surprised how slow you can run your bike if you know a couple of tricks.

Balance and body position aren't as important as one might think. After all, packs of drunken Shriners have been doing these stunts at Fourth of July parades for decades so they're not all that tough. The 2mph parade weave is a lot easier to do on a bike with a lot of weight, really low gearing, a heavy flywheel and a really low center of gravity (read: slow, porky, obsolete piece of shit) but with a couple of tricks and few minutes of practice they're doable on most any bike.

The key is to drag the rear brake while slipping the clutch in order to keep the revs up. What you're trying to achieve is a disproportionately high ratio of gyro effect to bike speed. THAT is what allows you to maintain balance in slow turns. Now... if your bike weighs less than a pregnant water buffalo and you don't have a flywheel that was made from a manhole cover and your gearing is high enough to allow you to go faster than 7mph in 1st gear, you're really going to have to work the tricks which means...

~ you've got to rely more on balance and body position in addition to
~ revving the motor a LOT more and
~ dragging the rear brake a WHOLE bunch and
~ slipping the clutch a LOT.

So... If your idea of a fun time is burning up brake pads and clutch discs at 2mph instead of at a track day.... have at it. Shriner patch optional.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Can someone tell me why there must always be some hard core sound track on motorcycle videos? I know I am getting older but really. Nothing against our motorcops but thoses Japanese motorcops have it going on and what they are doing is more likely to come up when chasing someone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts