Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, here is a video showing most of my mods. Included is the blacked-out Shift-Tech exhaust and also the Rizoma MA010b handlebars ("b" for black). This bar is a little lower than stock and flatter and wider for more commanding control of the bike. It has a more comfortable wrist bend and even though it is lower than stock, it is still surprisingly comfortable. Most importantly, I would say the bike initiates turns 20% easier with this bar, and I am very very happy with this.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Awseome looking sf mate , don't know if i'm to keen on the square mirrors or the fluid tanks being different colours, but thats just my opinion and thats not worth jack shit.cheers Well done!:)

·
Bon Vivant
10,957 Posts
I'm not a fan of blacked out accessories but your bike looks fantastic.

I have to agree with mr macdonalds about the mirrors and odd colored reservoirs - not good ;)

The new CRG arrow mirrors really complement the lines of the SF, and have you seen these new rizoma reservoirs?

I'm thinking about picking up a set of these myself.

Those are couple of really small nits to pick, over-all I think your bike looks awesome. ;)

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I have to agree with mr macdonalds about the mirrors and odd colored reservoirs - not good ;)

...and have you seen these new rizoma reservoirs?
Thanks guys, its nice to hear it looks good from other SF riders points of view. I wasn't really trying to black it out as much as just hiding the different odd colored metal parts, which seemed to be clashing with the red and or other mods I was doing.

I DO really like those new Riz reservoirs, very sharp - I was just trying to do something bright and sporty with the gold/black combo. I like it for now. I'm very surprised you guys don't like mirrors, but thats cool. I think they are very sleek. But you know how with bar end mirrors they stop your hand from sliding down to the end of the bar... don't like that.

Thanks for watching the vid!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Sharp bike. Sounds killer. Did you end up having to use resistors for the Rizoma front signals?

~Ex

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sharp bike. Sounds killer. Did you end up having to use resistors for the Rizoma front signals?

~Ex
Thanks Ex. Not sure about the blinkers, the local shop installed them and they didn't mention anything about that and I think they would have. Plus the shop that sold them to me is knowlegable and they didn't bring up the subject of resisters either.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts

The new CRG arrow mirrors really complement the lines of the SF, and have you seen these new rizoma reservoirs?

I'm thinking about picking up a set of these myself.

Those are couple of really small nits to pick, over-all I think your bike looks awesome. ;)
I saw those new tanks. They look great but $100 a piece. The Ragno Racing look like the prior Rizomas and will get 2 35ml for that price.

I really like your bike. Congrats

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Very nice. I also have the shift-tech exhaust. I have the 1.0 version. Are you running the stock ecu with bazzaz auto-tuner?

I also ceramic coated the exhaust pipes in the rear b/c the stainless steel was starting to show some corrosion. Won't ever have to deal with that now.

Great job on the bike.

And flyn, I think I'm pulling the trigger on those resevoirs and mirrors. I currently have the CRG lane-splitters, so the arrows should go right on the existing bar-ends, right? (not stock).

·
Registered
387 Posts
those rizoma mirrors suck..had them on my other bike and they vibrated so bad they shattered.

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks P. Well I got ZFi, the fuel injection module, and I thought it plugs into the main ecu, and then the AFM, automatic fueling module, plugs into the bigger bazzaz unit. Really been very happy with it. They suggest you have a pro install it. Bazzaz gave the shop and myself good customer service.

Very nice. I also have the shift-tech exhaust. I have the 1.0 version. Are you running the stock ecu with bazzaz auto-tuner?

I also ceramic coated the exhaust pipes in the rear b/c the stainless steel was starting to show some corrosion. Won't ever have to deal with that now.

Great job on the bike.

And flyn, I think I'm pulling the trigger on those resevoirs and mirrors. I currently have the CRG lane-splitters, so the arrows should go right on the existing bar-ends, right? (not stock).

·
Registered
116 Posts
Thanks Ex. Not sure about the blinkers, the local shop installed them and they didn't mention anything about that and I think they would have. Plus the shop that sold them to me is knowlegable and they didn't bring up the subject of resisters either.
Thanks for the quick feedback. I was hoping they would be plug 'n' play. Looks like they just might be.

~Ex

·
Registered
66 Posts
Also not a fan of the square mirrors or the reservoirs being different colors, but to each their own. Otherwise a pretty killer looking bike though. ;)

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sick bike Gregg. But I've got to ask how someone with 3K+ in accessories & bling doesn't know what he spent all that money on. Oh and, at 1:55... did I hear that right?

·
Premium Member
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Sick bike Gregg. But I've got to ask how someone with 3K+ in accessories & bling doesn't know what he spent all that money on. Oh and, at 1:55... did I hear that right?
Haha. I know all the mods, I just left out the 14t... um, and maybe something else. Ya, at 1:55 I accidentally used the word "cute". It was my first time making a video and I was a bit nervous, probably why I didn't remember all the mods

I see you are in Los Angeles. I'm going to the Crest today (thursday) and tomorrow. Pm me if you want to meet up.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hey Gregg. By the way, my name's Greg. I just got the same Rizoma bars, grips and mirrors. I like the look of the mirrors and chose them over the CRG Arrows because I think the Arrows would look a little cheap next to the Rizoma parts. I plan on getting the new Rizoma reservoirs at some point. Yeh, $100 each, but that's just the start. It's also $50 a piece for the brackets, so that gets you to $150 a piece.

How do you like the mirrors as far as visibility? I just went for a short ride and need to adjust them a bit, but I pretty much couldn't see shit behind me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts