Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just reaching out at i have plans to do an engine swap into a999 chassis, and am interested to see if anyone can recommend a approved engineer that won't drain your cash, or is easy to deal with. Asking for both MAY be a stretch...
Thanks in advance!
Darius

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought general consensus was just do it coz could tell what you’ve done.

think 1098 in a hyper.. it just looks right..
Yes i agree, works well until you have a stack. Then you get pulled over the coals. Not by the cops but by insurance. Unless your doing 10+kms over, loud exhaust or got your plates in a really sus way. Insurance as they won't cover you in case of a stack as it's modded. Getting the engine is fine, no stress; take to vicroads, show the number.
Thumbs up and your on your way.
I'm thinking more about...SSSA, bigger engine say 1098/1198, modded airbox (naturally)
Removable diagonal brace, and extra stiffening to the under seat area.
I'm a boilermaker so fab work is no problem nor is welding, but once you see it, if it doesn't look right; the questions start.
Fyi this isn't a virgin chassis, it's been through hell and a VIV, so not concerned about the "heritage" at all. Just looking to build the best version of a 999 ducati never did (IMO)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts