Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I need informations about the fairing,seat/tankcover.
Who knows the firm or had informations which build the parts in Australia for the SV1 and the RV1
When someone have used or new fairingparts and want to sell them please give me a mail.
Thanks

Regards
Uwe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Kev

I know,"Mr.Bevel is back"
I wrote to him many times and i got only one mail back.
All next questions i got no answer.
Thats is comical,i don't know what the reason.

Regards
Uwe

·
Registered
194 Posts
I know,"Mr.Bevel is back"
I wrote to him many times and i got only one mail back.
All next questions i got no answer.
Thats is comical,i don't know what the reason.
I guess that implies he hasn't got anything to sell. I know a few guys that used to work at VeeTwo . I'd expect they were done locally here in Perth. I'll see what I can find out.

Kev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello Ian
Yes i have a alchemy.
But only the frame,swingarm and the rear suspension.
The frame was the last build and come to Stein Dinse Germany.
The guy which order don't want the fairing because he don't like the form.
I baught it in march and look now to start the project.
Uwe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello Kev

I think also that Mr.Bevel don't build the plasticparts by himself.
So i use google around perth,but i don't find anything.
The only answer i got is that he can organzise the parts,only with the aluminiumtank reach a little longer and which fillercap i want.Finish.???!!!

Thanks for your help,i think it is easier for you to search because you both live in Australia.

Uwe

·
Registered
194 Posts
Uwe,

Brook responded to a mate of mine's (who knows him better than I) email the same day (today). According to Brook's email, he has all the moulds for the Alchemy, and asked him what he needed. (that might exclude the tank, who knows?). Anyway, that's where they are. If you're serious about it, I can have my mate pass on your details, it might help having a local reference.

Kev

·
Registered
194 Posts
Uwe,

Here's a few pics of a pristine Alchemy local to me. Might be of some help to you. Clearly the tank is part of the seat base with this Alchemy.

Kev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hello Kev

Thanks for the pictures.

When i understand your message correct your friend have a good contact to Henry Brook.
When your mate can help to get the parts it will be a big joy for me.
Over the last month i lost the hope to get the plasticparts.
So i thaught to sell the framekit.
This is the kit.

So you see what i need.
All plasticparts for a RV1
My frame is a SV but i don`t like the dualseat so the RV version.

Regard
Uwe

On the red alchemy the tank is a complete part with the cover and the seat.??
Is it GFK material and who build this.??

·
Registered
194 Posts
Uwe,

I've gone a little further into it and apparently now have the contact details of the actual guy that fabricated the Alchemy bodywork. (It's GRP, by the way). I'll give him a ring and let you know more later.

The pictured one was built by VeeTwo. I guess there's a question as to whether the RV bodywork will actually fit onto an SV frame. I know very little about them, so can't say. I'll ask the fibreglass guy, anyway, but he may not know for sure.

Kev

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hello Kev

It is possible that the points to fasten the seat are different to the RV.
At the moment the frame is red and i think to change the colour,so it is no problem to weld new points on it.
Here is a RV version in Assen

Uwe

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alchemy

Hello
It`s been some time since my last post.
Now it can go further with the Alchemy.
I have a SV1 and RV1 fairing/seat combination.
Here the SV1 double seat with cover

Here the RV1

Tank

Filler neck for welding

Fillercap

If someone needs a SV od RV fairing,complete or one piece,tank,fillercap or fillerneck please contact me, also for more pictures and informations

Regards

Uwe

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi, First time I've seen this thread.
I assume that you got the bodywork from Brook?
I worked there for a few years.

He has a lot of bits for making Alchemy parts, but there will be no more frames as the frame jig was cut up and used for making SS frames. Stupid decision from owners (before Brook Re-aquired it) at the time I think. Only ever about 100 sold.

You have a real collector there, keep us posted on the build. :)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Veetwo owned some supercharger technology. The new owners bought them for that part. The Ducati stuff was considered rightly or wrongly as being non core business.

It was a sad loss for us Ducati folk, particularly here in western australia, as they has lots of good stuff and a few brilliant ducati savvy engineers, now sadly no longer available to work on our dukes.

Kev

·
Registered
27 Posts
not entirely true Kev.
Sprintex (builds superchargers) bought out VeeTwo and were busy doing their thing. When they got short for labor (machinists etc) they used us. VeeTwo got pushed aside and customers found other places to get bits.Then they let the head Mech go (who's gone on to start his own very successfull buisness) so there was no more bike work getting done.
Mis-management! In my book...
Anyhow, Brook sold it (for I'm guessing, good money) and bought it back pretty cheep, even though its a sad shell of its former self.

About 100 Alchemy's were sold, About 30 Squalo's and the Super Squalo (supercharged 999) was a dismal failure! 2 made, none sold.

Funny though, the new Bimota has a sprintex supercharger on it! whith a very similar setup to what we had on the 999. but I'm sure they will get their tune right!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts