Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy the VDSTS for maintenance and thought is would be cool if you could run the bike on the road plugged into a laptop in a rucksack and get a Fuel/Air Ratio graph. Does anyone know if this is possible with VDSTS?

I found this link and thought it would defiantly be worth a look:
http://www.mectec.nu/tools/wego.htm

I have a BMW R1150GS/A and want to fit a louder exhaust to make me more noticeable on the road in the dark evenings on the way home from work. Though the 1150 runs very lean as standard and fitting a freer flowing exhaust will make it even more lean, so this Welgo II might just be the ticket to analyse the fuel air ratio. I’ll have to check out if I could fit it to both bikes.
Has anyone tried it?

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It looks interesting, might be a little tricky to install with a generic wiring harness compared to a Power Commander.

I was thinking of the Welgo cos I could use it to check the F/A Ratio on my bikes plus the car then could use a Power Commander to set the fueling or the VDST software.

Maybe the Motty AFR Tuner could do both the job of the PC and the Welgo. I’ll have to look into it a little more.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I really hope someone has tried the AFR tuner and will post there comments about it. I've been looking into a new fuel management system and wish that Power Commander would come out with the 5 series for older fuel injected bikes. My buddy put the V on his GSXR 750 and was amazed at how simple the install and tuning is. It sucks the AFR isn't a simple plug in system. It would be long mod session to hard wire that thing in one night. Might have to buy a 24 pack of beer for that one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts