Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys I'm new to Ducati and learning how Ducati likes to do things differently. I usually do my own maintenance, things like oil changes, spark plugs, brakes, chains and sprockets, valve adjustments, etc. But I have never really dealt with ecu type of things. So I very unfamiliar with that aspect.
I would like to be pointed in the right direction as to what type of cables (the specific ones) and software that would allow me to reset service light and maybe things like adjusting the tps. It would be nice if the vdst cable and software might tell me what was going on if a code was thrown. I don't want it need anything fancy, I saw there was a "ducatidiag" or something similar that is a free download, but it's in French. But because I'm so unfamiliar with this aspect, I feel completely lost.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,217 Posts
I just checked the manual and the Streetfighter uses the 5AM ECU.

There's a free program called ScanST that one of the members here had some input on. There's also an Android app by the same author called ScanM5x. You can search the site for these terms and should come up with some good info.

There's also guzzidiag which has a version called something else that's less Guzzi-centric that many people use.

As far as cables go, don't skimp. Get the good cables that are recommended in the threads.

·
Registered
101 Posts
JPDiag is what you're looking for. There are cable recommendations in the forum threads. Make sure you do some reading before you jump in headfirst into the thing. It's not complicated, but there is a bit of a learning curve.

jpdiag

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Our mate in France JP

JPDIAG. Works as it should. Clears DTC, Service etc etc. Buy the writer & you can fire maps into the ECU & change the display on the dash, turn off the lambdas etc etc

Its more expensive per ecu than it was a few years ago but hey, if you dont like to pay take it to the dealer & pay their costs.

I have quite a few 1098 maps

Cheers

·
Registered
105 Posts
Glad this popped back up. I meant to go through buying all the cables and downloading the software when I picked up my first Ducati. Completely forgot about it till now. Thanks all!

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hey fellas. Don't mean to highjack this post, but didn't want to start a new thread since it's related. I tried to use my VDSTS on my SFS and it cannot connect or detect the ECU. I have previously used this setup on my 1098 and 1198SBK and it worked just fine. Is there a different software for the SF or cable (plug) perhaps I am using the wrong plug on the bike. See the attached pictures. Is this the right one? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Hey fellas. Don't mean to highjack this post, but didn't want to start a new thread since it's related. I tried to use my VDSTS on my SFS and it cannot connect or detect the ECU. I have previously used this setup on my 1098 and 1198SBK and it worked just fine. Is there a different software for the SF or cable (plug) perhaps I am using the wrong plug on the bike. See the attached pictures. Is this the right one? Thanks in advance.
Yep. That's the right plug. I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I take it you have the right com port and ignition on and croc clips on battery

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That's different to the leads I gave and I have used one of those serial to usb cables on some fire panels I program and it didn't work.
Have you access to JPdiag site ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts