Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Any recommendations for wheel valve stem extenders? My 996 Marchesini wheels, rear especially, would be much easier to inflate if I had a valve extender.
Thanks in advance!
Jay

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
Get rid of the standard straight rear Ducati valve and put a front bent valve on. On the opposite side of the side stand of course.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,366 Posts
Most European wheels take an 8mm valve. Most Japanese wheels use 10mm. Be sure to check your wheel before ordering.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Both wheels have 90 degree valves installed. Just need a little more length on the rear so I can get my inflator head on the valve. Wheel is starting to get scratched up around the valve. I see a number of options on the interweb and was hoping someone here has a recommendation for a short extender. Guess I'll just take the plunge and buy a couple that might work.

Get rid of the standard straight rear Ducati valve and put a front bent valve on. On the opposite side of the side stand of course.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,366 Posts
Maybe something like this? OEM on left. Aftermarket on right. It's longer, but also the angle is different. Most of the aftermarket valve stems I've seen are like this. Check Amazon or your local shop if they're open now.

·
Registered
7,403 Posts
There are some valve caps that act as a valve extender. Various lengths are available.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Excellent! Thank you for the photo and suggestion. My valve stems are these OEM style. Next time I replace my tires I'll consider the aftermarket valve stems. I've tried the plastic style extenders and they just broke. Junk. I've seen a few styles of easy on off extenders and will give one of them a try.
Thanks again.

Maybe something like this? OEM on left. Aftermarket on right. It's longer, but also the angle is different. Most of the aftermarket valve stems I've seen are like this. Check Amazon or your local shop if they're open now.

View attachment 983211

1 - 8 of 8 Posts