Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put together a chart showing the correct shims used in the various Ducati Models. There are 3 types of valve adjustment shims. A set (closer and opener) to fit 7 mm dia valve stems, a set to fit 8 mm diameter valve stems, and a set to fit 6 mm diameter valve stems. The most common shims as you will see are the ones that fit the 7 mm and 8 mm dia valves.

I also added a column clarifying if modified opener shims are needed when MBP retainers are used.

I also showed where the newer (07' 7mm dia) closer shims are used. These shims are identical to the older 7 mm closers, except for the OD which has been shaved down a bit to make room for the cams on the 1098 and 848.

I got all the info off of the Ducati.com website. They have been known to make errors, so if any ones knows of an error, let me know and I will change the chart.

thanks
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I put together a chart showing the correct shims used in the various Ducati Models. There are 3 types of valve adjustment shims. A set (closer and opener) to fit 7 mm dia valve stems, a set to fit 8 mm diameter valve stems, and a set to fit 6 mm diameter valve stems. The most common shims as you will see are the ones that fit the 7 mm and 8 mm dia valves.

I also added a column clarifying if modified opener shims are needed when MBP retainers are used.

I also showed where the newer (07' 7mm dia) closer shims are used. These shims are identical to the older 7 mm closers, except for the OD which has been shaved down a bit to make room for the cams on the 1098 and 848.

I got all the info off of the Ducati.com website. They have been known to make errors, so if any ones knows of an error, let me know and I will change the chart.

thanks
Mike
Great list. Do you know what shims are used in the 1262 Ducati X Diavel engines? I live in Australia and I'm looking for a shim kit. Does that exists? Where can I get it from?

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great list. Do you know what shims are used in the 1262 Ducati X Diavel engines? I live in Australia and I'm looking for a shim kit. Does that exists? Where can I get it from?
All Diavels use the 7 mm type valve shims. The Later 4V-7mm Shim Kit is the one to use. If you have any questions, email [email protected]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts