Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when i started the bike yesterday for my ride (it made it all the way up to 56) i was listening to it and what i had originally thought was clutch noise i now think may be valve clatter. what kind of price and how hard is this to do on my own, nearest duc dealer is almost 3 hours away!

·
Registered
923 Posts
need a little more info...year of bike, miles, last service? if you can't do work on a standard valve springed engine then don't even try a Desmo system.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Dont know your abilities, but you may try buying LT Snyders Maintenance Guide for your bike and read through the section on valve adjustment. You will get a good idea of the effort needed to get the job done. If you decide its too much for you to comprehend, at least you can do other simpler maintenance as shown in the book.

Mike

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
01 750

not entirely sure of the last maint i bought it in 07 the guy had said he had all the maint done before he sold it but i dont think he did all of it. its got 15,000 on it but i ride it hard. the last couple years havent been good for riding in michigan. standard valves are no problem but ive never even attempted a desmo valve. i plan on a manual before i tear it apart, also i cant seem to find timing belts online anywhere. is there something im missing here?
thanks guys

1 - 5 of 5 Posts