Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of doing a valve adjustment and changing the belts on my 2012 Multistrada 1200 PP and I am confused on cam/piston position when measuring the clearances. It seems that in LT Snyder’s book he sets the lay shaft at TDC (top dead center) for the horizontal cylinder; marks the belts and removes them. Then he rotates the cams by hand so that the opening cam lobe is pointing straight up and takes the measurements.

Other instructions I have seen say that the piston needs to be at TDC to measure but the opening cam lobes are not pointing straight up or out on the horizional cylinder.

Do I follow my interpretation of LT’s book and remove the belts or go to TDC on both cylinders and rotate the engine until the opening cam lobes point to the sky??? I am sure I am making it harder than it is!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.