Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have done valve adjustment on SS but not on H2O cooled Ducati.

What's the verdict about the radiator - remove it or not?

I can see that you might be able to check the clearance. But removing the shims?

Thanks for the input!

dc

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, after reading the service manual I can report that the radiator has to be removed.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
No. But you can if you want.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
Oops. Just noticed the "R". Don't know if the rad is different.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think there is too much of a difference i.r. to the radiator between a std. and a R.
I just removed all the other stuff and think it would be a serious pita to do the job with the radiator. Looks like it's only two hoses, two bolts and a plug. Of course you have to drain the coolant.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just removed the radiator. I don't know about the std or S, but there is no way to do the valves on a R with the radiator in place. At least with my hands.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Debating if I should take of the airbox. I guess it would give me better access but don't feel like doing the TPS adjustment.

·
Premium Member
5,151 Posts
No TPS adjustment if the box comes off. It doesn't make a lot of difference if it stays on. But as I said earlier, I find things a lot easier with the front wheel off.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Isn't it the R models that have the press fit closer shims? If that is the case, a whole lot more than the radiator needs to be removed.

·
Registered
455 Posts
If I recall, I read a posting here somewhere mentioning that the heads have to be removed to do the valves.. Hopefully what I'm repeating here is not true..

RC

1 - 14 of 14 Posts