Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At Indy, Vale gave his first official comments following the Yamaha announcement.. First in a more formal manner to the media, and then a bit more honest and heartfelt on twitter:

(translated by me below as accurately as I am able)

-"these vacation days have been useful to make some important decisions on the future.. But now I want to go back to focusing only on the races ahead, as we want to improve and focus only on what is going on at the track. Indy is not a track I like even if I've won here... Since we ride it in an opposite direction from how it was designed, some odd the turns have a strange radius, and it's an insidious/tricky track. However, I want to make the most of it, and have a good weekend"

Later in the afternoon Vale tweeted the following:
-"it has been a great pity to not have been competitive on the Ducati, it would have been a great joy for me and all the guys at Ducati who have worked tirelessly and we will give our all, all the way To the end. It would have also have been good for our fans, I'm really sorry."

And then he added:
-"there are 8 races left, and we will work tirelessly to do some good races... See you all on the tack at Indy"

Make of this what you will... Here's a 1000 words....

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Guareschi also commented on how tires are critical at Indy as there are so many different kinds of asphalt.

Nicki said he's excited as this is his home race, and he can't wait to get on the gas with the 1000cc bikes... He added that if this isn't his best result of the season that he'll be disappointed.

Me, sounds macabre, but I just hope Valentino doesn't have a massive accident or worse before his time at Ducati is over. :(

·
Premium Member
1,227 Posts
I don't think Val will be going too hard on the Ducati do you?

And he will really need to withdraw his digit next year. Jorge will be right on his case.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I don't think Val will be going too hard on the Ducati do you?

And he will really need to withdraw his digit next year. Jorge will be right on his case.

Good point. There's no reason for him to push too hard and risk not being 100% for 2013

·
Registered
316 Posts
Has he been going hard on the Ducati?

He pushed hard enough to tuck the front end last week at Laguna. IIRC he went at the prior race also. I think over the last couple of races he has been pushing it to the limit to try and see if he can "make something happen" with the Ducati before making a decision.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts