Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After Yamaha expressed its active disinterest in potentially taking Valentino back following the difficult atmosphere during the Lorenzo-Valentino years, now comes word from Honda with manager Livio Support of HRC declaring that there would be no room for Valentino where "with all respect we already have two great riders, and we would not want to give one of them away in exchange"... When you take Valentino's whole potentially intrusive entourage into consideration also, then you see that his only option might be fielding and sponsoring his own team satellite team... Yet Dorna frowns on there being more than 4 prototypes per brand, so.. What is our little heart-broken Valentine to do now?

·
Buzzing the tower
996 Posts
Well, this is the bed HE made. Looks like he should lay in it a while. And get back to work, like the rest of us.

·
Registered
654 Posts
so.. What is our little heart-broken Valentine to do now?
Move to the states and dominate AMA on a Yamaha.

He will bring more money and credibility to that series than they have any hope of achieving by themselves. A true patient for "the Doctor".

All joking aside, If he did so I wonder what that would do for Motogp's popularity stateside.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
kevin schwantz will start his own suzuki team... and Rossi will be his rider...

·
The Road Beckons...
2,298 Posts
Rossi racing stateside in AMA?! That would be pretty cool! A Suzuki and Rossi?! The noobs riding their GSX-R's will be trying to be just like him.:eek:

·
Registered
654 Posts
Rossi racing stateside in AMA?! That would be pretty cool! A Suzuki and Rossi?! The noobs riding their GSX-R's will be trying to be just like him.:eek:
And they'd sell a ton.

Suzuki has been pretty quiet since 2008. They have been so original, the newest bike they released was a 10 year old Vstrom 1000 rebaged and made of spare parts.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
if I get off my ass I have a post on this. The whole circus was just yet another Rossi manipulation. He was never going anywhere, just wanted to tell everyone it was the bike not him and put extra pressure on Ducati for the new engine quick smart

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
if I get off my ass I have a post on this. The whole circus was just yet another Rossi manipulation. He was never going anywhere, just wanted to tell everyone it was the bike not him and put extra pressure on Ducati for the new engine quick smart
So you think a new engine is next?

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
new tires for Jerez....
New motor is on the bench... the mystery is...
what is the angle between the cylinders?...
enquiring minds want o know...
i still think that Rossi on a Suzuki would be fun... Schwantz leading the team...
it could suck, but it would be fun to see how it would sort out.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
new tires for Jerez....
New motor is on the bench... the mystery is...
what is the angle between the cylinders?...
enquiring minds want o know...
i still think that Rossi on a Suzuki would be fun... Schwantz leading the team...
it could suck, but it would be fun to see how it would sort out.
It's a four cylinder aircraft style radial engine mounted inside the front wheel for maximum forward weight bias.

·
Premium Member
2,655 Posts
So you think a new engine is next?
yes, can be a bunch lighter since it is no longer structural now that the frame is no longer a monocoque, might be different V angle, will probably have a softer, less aggressive power delivery.

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes, can be a bunch lighter since it is no longer structural now that the frame is no longer a monocoque, might be different V angle, will probably have a softer, less aggressive power delivery.
You've been right before, so I have to assume that in your new guise as a retired keewee that you might be even more spot on now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts