Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
So Neil Spalding was commentating with those two idiots and he really is switched on, he's a very technical nerd and he's always sticking his nose in everyones garage and finding things out.....

This is what i can remember from watching, and listening, when that steve day knob wasn't talking...

KTM were testing two different chassis, different diameter tubes
They also have Pete Benson to help with their chassis progress, in particular how their WP stuff performs compared to Ohlins,

Honda have lost their forward strut that acts an an engine mount looking for a little more flex mid corner. The bike isn't expected to be much different than the 19 bike.

Yamaha, the only team to run an inline 4 have poached a Ducati Electronics tech, their engine is in for a major overhaul, according to Spalding they run a flat plane crank, like the R1 superbike which makes it "feel" like a V4 making it not so peaky, but that robs it of peak power (no shit! ask Rossi.....) so they're going to change the firing sequence giving four cylinders firing sequentially with a long gap before another 4 firing cylinders, this, they say, will allow the tyre to recover under acceleration like a V engine as well as making more peak power, it will be tested in Sepang in Feb. The airbox differences that are part of the new chassis are supposed to confirm this.....

Aprilia have no new parts, just electronic upgrades, Iannone's bike was used as the hospitality BBQ plate

Ducati, typically secretive, although Spalding pointed out that they're chasing mid corner speed, yet the more wings they run the slower the bike is mid corner, Ducati insist the gains elsewhere make up for this.

Suzuki, no idea what they're up to, i didn't hear him say anything at all about Suzuki, except that Rins and Mir have contrasting styles yet they both go fast so it's a well rounded bike.

From what Spalding was saying Yamaha have conceded that yes, their bike is easy to ride and a very sweet handler but they need to rethink their horsepower targets and change their philosophy as far as HP vs Rideability goes for next year, lets hope so, there's too many good riders knobbled by slow bikes and someone needs to be consistently better and take it to Marquez.

And say what you like about Rossi, he easily did more laps than anyone else, hope they give him what he wants/needs.....

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
So Neil Spalding was commentating with those two idiots and he really is switched on, he's a very technical nerd and he's always sticking his nose in everyones garage and finding things out.....

This is what i can remember from watching, and listening, when that steve day knob wasn't talking...

KTM were testing two different chassis, different diameter tubes
They also have Pete Benson to help with their chassis progress, in particular how their WP stuff performs compared to Ohlins,

Honda have lost their forward strut that acts an an engine mount looking for a little more flex mid corner. The bike isn't expected to be much different than the 19 bike.

Yamaha, the only team to run an inline 4 have poached a Ducati Electronics tech, their engine is in for a major overhaul, according to Spalding they run a flat plane crank, like the R1 superbike which makes it "feel" like a V4 making it not so peaky, but that robs it of peak power (no shit! ask Rossi.....) so they're going to change the firing sequence giving four cylinders firing sequentially with a long gap before another 4 firing cylinders, this, they say, will allow the tyre to recover under acceleration like a V engine as well as making more peak power, it will be tested in Sepang in Feb. The airbox differences that are part of the new chassis are supposed to confirm this.....

Aprilia have no new parts, just electronic upgrades, Iannone's bike was used as the hospitality BBQ plate

Ducati, typically secretive, although Spalding pointed out that they're chasing mid corner speed, yet the more wings they run the slower the bike is mid corner, Ducati insist the gains elsewhere make up for this.

Suzuki, no idea what they're up to, i didn't hear him say anything at all about Suzuki, except that Rins and Mir have contrasting styles yet they both go fast so it's a well rounded bike.

From what Spalding was saying Yamaha have conceded that yes, their bike is easy to ride and a very sweet handler but they need to rethink their horsepower targets and change their philosophy as far as HP vs Rideability goes for next year, lets hope so, there's too many good riders knobbled by slow bikes and someone needs to be consistently better and take it to Marquez.

And say what you like about Rossi, he easily did more laps than anyone else, hope they give him what he wants/needs.....
He was amazing to listen too, talking about suzi, i think, running 2 oil sight windows because they want to run low oil to pick up some horsies, some other manufacturers found they were loosing 50 horses up top from oil drag. Then on about 3 plugs in the honda frame to control or adjust flex, ktm with welds in different places on the frame. It's nice to see everyone focusing on flex, one of my favourite complains about road bikes, if you hit a bump or dip mid corner it gets airborne. A lot of corners on the street i can do faster on my trailbike because it flexes so much.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Did a resto on a black one about 4years ago. Believe it or not he ran the pub Julatten just north of Mareeba.

·
Premium Member
4,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #55

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
Or even Rossi with Ucci as his bouncer

41 - 60 of 62 Posts