Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think getting an Email from the team boss saying your sacked, is close to getting pushed.:)

The whole debacle was not supposed to go like this.

A few months ago, when there was speculation of Ducati getting Lorenzo, Jacks contract was held up, and talk of,a vacancy in the Pramac team. Ducati had an enquire from Alex Marquez to fill the position. So that was the new rising star that Ducati wanted, then Lorenzo retired, and Alex went to the Honda team, so Ducati lost their man, panic get Zarco, give him a new bike, buy him a new team.

So I think we may see Zarco test riding a GP19 next week at the testing. :cool:

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
I think getting an Email from the team boss saying your sacked, is close to getting pushed.:)

The whole debacle was not supposed to go like this.

A few months ago, when there was speculation of Ducati getting Lorenzo, Jacks contract was held up, and talk of,a vacancy in the Pramac team. Ducati had an enquire from Alex Marquez to fill the position. So that was the new rising star that Ducati wanted, then Lorenzo retired, and Alex went to the Honda team, so Ducati lost their man, panic get Zarco, give him a new bike, buy him a new team.

So I think we may see Zarco test riding a GP19 next week at the testing. :cool:
Or if he’s a free agent then he may also try the bike Alex vacated.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts
Ducati management are clowns.

First they were going to shaft Jack then that didn't happen.
So then not to look like complete bastards they gave him a few extra parts and a bit of help and Jack being Jack he's wiped the floor with the two factory riders at the pointy end of the season.
Zarco obviously has a decision to make but weather he'll put his trust in those shifty bastards at Ducati is anyones guess.

·
Premium Member
8,683 Posts
Zarco is a quitter. He should go home!
Maybe getting off a crappy bike with no solutions in sight might have helped his credibility instead of always underperforming because of the bike. It's like telling a lie 24/7, eventually people will believe the lie is true.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
Saw that davy. MM fucked himself up. Shoulder came out after yet another crash. He’s gotta start to run out of lives soon.

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
"I don't think I signed with Avintia but with Ducati"... In my crystal ball I see an interesting season for Zarco ahead, and I don't see him anywhere near the front. Then I see him blaming the team. Then I see him unemployed.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
Well, it's official. Zarco says he signed with Ducati to ride on the Avintia team. 2019 bikes.
It’s NOT OFFICIAL till I post it on MY thread. Bloody hijacker😃😃😃
Good to see. Hope Ducati give him what’s he wants. Would be good to see four PROPER factory bikes.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Ok. Now the deed is done, is he pliable enough to fit the quirky Ducati GP. We know the GP 19 is capable, as shown by Our Jack. But we also know that it is a career breaker. But, who knows. Third time lucky for The Frog.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,533 Posts
He better make it work. Not too many options left for him in MotoGP. KTM won't take him back. Repsol looks locked up for a while. Yamaha might be a little jilted from his refusal of the test rider offer. Suzuki? Maybe. Time is running out.

·
Premium Member
4,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
He better make it work. Not too many options left for him in MotoGP. KTM won't take him back. Repsol looks locked up for a while. Yamaha might be a little jilted from his refusal of the test rider offer. Suzuki? Maybe. Time is running out.
He’s got the ride. He has a year to prove himself. Honda? I don’t hold out hopes for MiM (MIni Marquez) being there. Suzuki need two more bikes. And with that, two more riders. IF he can keep the GP 91 in the top ten and not do a KTM half way through I can see him on a team in 2021.

·
Super Moderator
26,097 Posts
My crystal ball says maybe Pramac but not the full boat Red team. But I doubt it. If he has a good run next year (top tens? Occasionally) and stays on the bike he may keep his ride because he's as close to a name as Avintia will get. But at least he'll beat his teammate consistently.
Honda will keep MiM (great name!) for another year, 'cause that's what Mark wants. I think he'll find his way to the top 5 or 6.
Suzuki desperately needs two more bikes and double the development input to lift them over the edge, but they won't do it.

·
Mexican Ducatista
942 Posts
MiM (MIni Marquez)
The best acronym in the forum since JLo!

Honda will keep MiM (great name!) for another year, 'cause that's what Mark wants.
I agree!
They will do anything to keep MM happy.
Without him they would have ended the championship in 9th.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts