Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,421 Posts
Factory Honda or Moto2.

Honda will do their best to get George to retire. They will probably offer him some or even all of his contract money. It does them no good, and I would say it even harms them, to have JLo at the back of the pack. If they can't come to terms and George sticks around, Zarco will be picked up for a Moto2 ride for a year.

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From what we seem to know there’s not any competitive bikes left in moto2 and unless there’s some major shakeup at Honda (and there’s no indication that there is) or a bike from Honda as another satellite team, I can’t see what he’ll be doing.

·
Registered
674 Posts
the 2020 Season starts on Monday... only a few test rider spots remain. Yamaha did give Folger the axe as their test rider, but announced they wanted to stick exclusively with their Japanese riders for testing, not sure who they are implying would be their riders. The only other testing seat that might be open is Bradley Smith's at Aprilia, he's been linked with a few different rides from Petronas, moto2, motoE, and BSB.

·
Super Moderator
26,048 Posts
Gawd, a test gig at Aprilia is like the very last rung on the bottom of the ladder hanging over the abyss...Hell, I'd go to BSB first.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,547 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Thanks Davy. Was just about to post that interview.
It’s also interesting what Crutchlow says about his body damage in an interview last week.
Look at the army of the walking wounded that have their time cut short due to injuries.

·
7,547 Posts
Doohan and Beattie just for starters.

I hear it's JL's pit crew who are threatening to fit the training wheels to his Honda.

·
Mexican Ducatista
909 Posts
I know that all Factory and Pramac Ducati's are already taken. But I would like to see Zarco try a Duc.
It is true that he was not able to cope with the KTM.
But Ducatis are different animals. Who knows? With a bit of luck, his style could be a good match for the Ducati. Maybe the contender Ducati needs.

·
7,547 Posts
But who would he replace?
Abraham perhaps ... but his father buys his ride for him.

·
Super Moderator
26,048 Posts
Avintia are out after next year to make way (I presume) for a Suzuki satellite team or...VR46? Can Yamaha run 6 factory level bikes? Zarco could end up on either of those teams if he can survive next year.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
I hate to say this reallly I do but, it's time for VR to retire or move on. I can't see him really competitive anymore. Ugly words I know. Extremely talented, a fans dream, and nothing more than a name.

No offense to VR fans, I loved the guy right up until his last temper tantrum. Lets get real here, he couldn't or wouldn't adapt to the Duck and constantly whined about EVERYTHING. You're a PROFESSIONAL RACER, problem is, you forgot how to be professional and adapt/overcome.
I would liketo see Z take his spot.

Sorry race fans, I calls em as I sees em.

·
Premium Member
4,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Sometimes the
I hate to say this reallly I do but, it's time for VR to retire or move on. I can't see him really competitive anymore. Ugly words I know. Extremely talented, a fans dream, and nothing more than a name.

No offense to VR fans, I loved the guy right up until his last temper tantrum. Lets get real here, he couldn't or wouldn't adapt to the Duck and constantly whined about EVERYTHING. You're a PROFESSIONAL RACER, problem is, you forgot how to be professional and adapt/overcome.
I would liketo see Z take his spot.

Sorry race fans, I calls em as I sees em.
Sometimes the tantrums are a nice distraction from some of the God awful boring races. It make us look forward to the next round😃.
I think that there can be any number of private teams as long as the money flows. Satellite teams, Suzuki doesn’t have one and there’s no talk of one. Zarco would do well there.
I’m looking forward to this last round just because of Zarco and because of the unpredictability of the last round. Who’s going to be in front?

·
7,547 Posts
Sometimes the

Sometimes the tantrums are a nice distraction from some of the God awful boring races. It make us look forward to the next round😃.
I think that there can be any number of private teams as long as the money flows. Satellite teams, Suzuki doesn’t have one and there’s no talk of one. Zarco would do well there.
I’m looking forward to this last round just because of Zarco and because of the unpredictability of the last round. Who’s going to be in front?

MM

·
Super Moderator
26,048 Posts
I think that there can be any number of private teams as long as the money flows.
The grid is limited to I think 22 bikes and Dorna is weeding out the small players. Aspar is in moto 3, 2 and MotoE now, Avintia is next. Plus having 2 and 3 year old Ducati’s running around at the tail end of the field isn’t doing Ducati any good at all. Just gives JLo someone to race with. Or no

Suzuki needs a Satellite team for development reasons and Zarco would be brilliant on a Suzuki but they need to fund all that somehow. They need an experienced rider on one of those bikes.

Yamaha will give Rossi a team to run but will it be a third ream or will Jarvis be out? If it’s a Rossi team it will have factory equipment but can they support 6 of the things? Maybe that’s why they sliced the test team up.

·
Average Weird Guy.
1,170 Posts
18 posts so far ... lots of questions ... even more speculation ... but not a single answer. Where we headed here?

🙉 .. 🙈 .. 🙊
With no decent MotoGP or Moto 2 seats available Zarco will go back home to France,drink some wine eat some cheese and probably get himself a job down at the local lawn and garden center selling lawn mowers.
:p

·
Registered
674 Posts
it does seem strange that no one in the paddock has reached out to Zarco for anything besides Lucio (LCR). even media speculation has been virtually non existent, web forums and social media are the only places discussing this... I am starting to wonder if Zarco burned to many bridges in the paddock.

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
With no decent MotoGP or Moto 2 seats available Zarco will go back home to France,drink some wine eat some cheese and probably get himself a job down at the local lawn and garden center selling lawn mowers.
:p
ZARCO'S ZERO TURN MOWERS...............................kinda catchy no?

1 - 20 of 94 Posts