Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
... precisely why I utterly detest use of the ~ignore~ function. I used it as a promise to someone. Far better to work out differences rather than ignore one another. Against well intended advise, I'm removing ~ignore~ locks as an option from here forward. Never again. Life is far too short to fuck around with juvenile shit. God DAMMIT .... another lost opportunity. That's 100% on me.

Rest in peace, brother. That sounds so ... cliche I guess. But, it's exactly what I feel in my heart right here, right now. ... shit, I've made this about ~me~ .... enough said for one night. This hole is just getting deeper the more I dig.

·
Come in Spinner :)
7,654 Posts
I'm already missing our daily catch up call.
Danny and Geoff, two mates who never met him but had also benefited from his never ending bucket of knowledge and generosity have been around today to speak with me of him.

Reactions: scott and Air Duck

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Oh jeepers whoah bang and he's gone - gone before his time....

·
Registered
873 Posts
Watched a ripper of a MotoGP race today but all i could really think about was how much Rob would have loved it, his passion for all kinds of racing was obvious, i'll miss the discussions, arguments and piss taking over ridiculous predictions and what a knob certain riders are...

·
7,654 Posts
He told me you were a knob once ... then laughed his head off :love:

·
Premium Member
1,273 Posts
So sad to hear about Rob. Was so full of knowledge and willing to share it. He will be sorely missed. God speed.

·
7,654 Posts
We've no chance of catching Rob, he's well out of sight around the next few corners. :)

·
Registered
169 Posts
Oh crap!!! I just called his phone to see how he was tracking with the final stages of my 900MHR restoration given I hadn't heard a peep in a month, not unusual in our 2.5 year history in bringing the bike back to its former glory. His wife answered his phone and I truly couldn't believe my ears.

I am so saddened for her and the boys. He certainly was a character, not shy in coming forward, generous to a fault with time, expertise, and guidance. Totally unexpected and I am stumped ... saddened he won't be completing it and that he didn't get a chance to cut loose on my TT2 and TT1 that he fell in love with. Just too soon

·
Premium Member
347 Posts
So sad. Rest in peace, Xracer. Definitely will miss him here on the forum. I think I’ll go read some of his posts now in remembrance.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts