Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard how the whole coronavirus is going to effect worldwide release of the Streetfighter? Mine's due her in April/end of March, but with Italy on lockdown, who knows?

I figure at this point, if she's not on the boat, it will be May....

My dealer is trying to get more information.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I've been wondering this myself, though admittedly I haven't reached out to my dealer to see if there's a delay expected. I know that Ducati are located outside of the lock down zone and that factories in those zones are still active, so hopefully not.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put down a deposit today and was given a tentative date of June. But I'll actually be surprised if that's true, as I really expect it to be more like July.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put down a deposit today and was given a tentative date of June. But I'll actually be surprised if that's true, as I really expect it to be more like July.
The first allocation was set for early april, by June production is supposed to be ramped up, of course we know what's going on In the world.

I called Ducati North America last Friday and was told no delay, then heard Monday the factory is suspended. So it's a coin toss at this point.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I thought all of Italy was on lockdown?
Hope I don't need any special parts that have to come from Italy any time soon.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The guys at the dealership seemed to be convinced June would be a likely date for me. However, they were also unaware that the factory has been shut down, so the reliability of their info may be suspect. I’m not in a rush.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The guys at the dealership seemed to be convinced June would be a likely date for me. However, they were also unaware that the factory has been shut down, so the reliability of their info may be suspect. I’m not in a rush.
That's kind of how I felt when the rep from DNA said all systems are a go, then I saw the factory was closed.

I'd assume someone has the ability to find out if it's been shipped, as I've got the first "S" coming to NM.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Talked to my sales associate yesterday. She confirmed the factory shut down yesterday and delivery should be the end of April to the beginning of may. However she did say her DNA rep told her a few bikes made it to the boat before the virus got big. She is unsure if her dealership is getting any from that shipment though. I put down my deposit the day of the reveal in October. She is going to confirm with me today if there is anyone ahead of me on their list.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well, I'm not overly concerned about a delay. It will give me time to gather the funds for a full exhaust. 🏍

·
Bon Vivant
10,574 Posts
Eesh. I wish I hadn't sold my SuperSport. I bought a non-S and that model is supposed to arrive after the S models.
Yeah, you guys may be waiting a lot longer than you think. 465 people died in Italy from C-19 today and it looks like its going to get worse. I doubt any bikes are being made or shipped for a long while.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
If you get them by the end of summer I'll be impressed with Ducati.

·
Premium Member
3,664 Posts
I thought they were not expected to show up in the US until May... other than the units making the show rounds. I know the US car manufacturers are trying to keep production moving, but Italy is being hammered... if Ducati kept ops can deliver any units on schedule that'll be something... if they have gotten some here now that's near miraculous.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I thought they were not expected to show up in the US until May... other than the units making the show rounds. I know the US car manufacturers are trying to keep production moving, but Italy is being hammered... if Ducati kept ops can deliver any units on schedule that'll be something... if they have gotten some here now that's near miraculous.
its always been early april according to the 3 dealers I was working with.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My dealer just called, and mine is on the boat, eta 3/25 to port, so God willing another 2 days to NM.

I'm ecstatic.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts