Charged up the battery and went to kick her over and saw this!!! She tried to start but wouldn’t. Not even a year old battery. This hole wasn’t there before!!
It made a sizzling sound and just dripped. So this just happened. And I have no idea why this happened. I had the battery on the charger because the voltage dropped a little bit, disconnected it when full and tried to turn it over. It really wanted to, but couldn't. After a few tries I heard the sizzling and saw that.1st question. Where did the contents of the battery get to? I'd be spraying the area with a Coke or baking soda & water ASAP.
Any idea what happened?
Small motorcycle tender/charger. And that is def an option. I didn’t initially think that the tender/charger would cook it. Could also have a faulty battery. Only way to diagnose would be to get another battery and hook it up. Bit even then it could be diff to get an answer.What type of charger were using -what are the charging amp's, -Is this a small motorcycle specific charger. -over the years I have even seen a motorcycle battery tender go south and boil a battery. --it could be the battery itself as well just because it's less then a year old does not mean anything. If man made it man can screw it up.
No acid on the bike. It didn’t spray, just dribbled out. I did clean up what was there.Could be a shorted cell. Looks as if acid leaked out. So I strongly second the above advice to thoroughly clean the acid off your bike. May need some disassembly to get to all of it.