Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am planing to ride more off-road next season and I am looking to buy a second set of wheel rims for my Rally STR tires. I came across a set of Multistrada Enduro rims on Ebay, I realize the front rim for the enduro is 19" and I am wondering if anyone has fit one of these rim on a standard Multistrada. Also, do you think I will face any issues if I fit a 180 tire on the rear compare to the 190 that comes stock?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I think then 19 inch will play havoc with the ABS, DTC also the Enduro has a traditional swing arm and 1200s has the single sided swing arm? so the back wheel fit.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,403 Posts
lots of problems trying to do that in the front... and the rear - nope.

As for putting a 180 tire on the stock wheel, that probably would fit but would change the tire profile and likely affect cornering a bit.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
I wish somebody would machine the required spacers and put together a kit for the front wheel. Or, crazy thought, Ducati could offer one - a spoked rim with the right axle spacing and brake disks in the right places, a raised fender or fender that attaches to the underside of the triple clamp... The 17" front is the worst thing about the multi when it comes to dirt... a real eye-opener the first time you hit a sandy patch on a bike that heavy and powerful. ABS shouldn't care too much about the front - it's 1" higher but one assumes any sensors would be located on the fork legs or brake calipers. DTC would care as it measures the difference in rotation speeds between back and front to detect wheel spin. Maybe just ride with both disabled if it's a hassle, you don't use them on dirt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts