Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
@Duckislate
I'm really an idiot. Here's my audited list of after-market parts :
View attachment 991183 View attachment 991184
The rexxer ecu and the comfort seat can you post where you got those?
I'm also a mod whore, I'm old, and never had the things i wanted, now f&$k em all , i make it the way I want it!
My list of mods is probably longer than yours, tho i would never write it down,
Love your bike, make it yours, ride it and be proud! and anyone with something to say otherwise can go and ( well anything so long as it's not here and i can't see)

·
Registered
199 Posts
There are things you have to ask--Is this your dream bike? -are you going to keep it for the rest of your life?--If the answers to these 2 questions are Yes--then do it and tell other people to F/O. I have a 1977 BMW R100SRS one of 50 ever built, I now have over 1 million miles on this 1 bike-if I thought about how much I have spent on this bike over the past 30 years I would slit my wrists--but it does not matter as I will never sell her. Its all a matter of prospective---If you have the money to spend to make it into what you want then do what feels right to you
a million miles ? That's amazing !

·
Registered
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
hi everybody. I have a discussion with my friends, they think I'm stupid because I'm using almost 4000 euro on my bike, what do you think about this? I love my bike and there is so many things you can change on a ducati monster.
Sounds a bit like my 2007 KLX-250S. Instead of congratulations on my new ride, most people said something like "you could have bought a KLR-650 for what you paid!" :( A bit of buzz kill at the time.

Those people might have been well-intentioned (not really) but, they basically knew nothing about what I was going to do with that motorcycle. I still own it today. I also took it places and did things with it I never could have with a larger heavier motorcycle. I may be the only over-50 year old on a first generation KLX-250S but I don't care. While I didn't farkle it with chrome of fancy paint, I did spend money on it over time with a bigger fuel tank, new handle bars (CR high-bend), and similar mods. To be honest, at this point I don't care what any of my mods cost. All things told, those mods are the cheapest fun I have had in my life!

While I don't care about a blinged-out Harley Davidson, it doesn't mean someone else doesn't treasure every piece of chrome on it and the aftermarket paint job.

The main thing to remember is that a motorcycle like this isn't part of your 401K or even your net worth (unless you are spending years worth of salary on mods).

21 - 24 of 24 Posts