Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everybody. I have a discussion with my friends, they think I'm stupid because I'm using almost 4000 euro on my bike, what do you think about this? I love my bike and there is so many things you can change on a ducati monster.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I spent almost $8k upgrading my old 750SS (bought it for $5k). Carbon everything, big bore kit, Keihins, cams, exhaust, and some other stuff. It's your money, spend it on what you want to!

·
Registered
7,026 Posts
Ducat- a form of currency. I’m sure many Ducati owners exceed the value of their bike with modifications. It only hurts when you count it up.😳

Reactions: DarR

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ducati Monster has always been my dream and this is my first bike and I bought it for 7000 euro and I want to personalize. I don't give a shit what people say. I'm going to have this bike many years

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
There are things you have to ask--Is this your dream bike? -are you going to keep it for the rest of your life?--If the answers to these 2 questions are Yes--then do it and tell other people to F/O. I have a 1977 BMW R100SRS one of 50 ever built, I now have over 1 million miles on this 1 bike-if I thought about how much I have spent on this bike over the past 30 years I would slit my wrists--but it does not matter as I will never sell her. Its all a matter of prospective---If you have the money to spend to make it into what you want then do what feels right to you

·
Registered
389 Posts
It only hurts when you count it up.
No... It hurts when they sell it.

Let me flesh that statement out a bit. They post their for sale ad, listing all the great things they added, with the amount each one cost and a total at the bottom of $8K "invested" in the bike. (damn... I should not be drinking a soda when someone says the word invested in relation to motorcycle parts, lest I snort through my nose again) It hurts when they post it for sale for $4K over blue book value. Then 6 months later after not having a single contact or bite they lower the price by $2K. Then 6 months later after not having a single contact or bite they lower the price by $1500 more. Finally they get a contact. He offers $2K under blue book because they molested the bike with all that, and I quote, "[email protected]#$ing ugly bling", and it's going to take some work to make it look good again.

Then it finally sinks in what a stupid idiot the seller has been. :oops:

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I am a dealer --lets get that straight first so I look at things a little different then most people---you can look at NADA & Kelly Blue book to get a real close value, --Now if someone (as an example Chrome) puts 10K worth of chrome & accessories on their bike then trys to sell it & they list all this shit they put on the bike and how much it cost--Guess what all that money they spent is worth fuck all---$5000. bike --$10,000. worth of crap still equals a bike that is worth $5K--just because they were a chrome whore does not mean you should support & reward them for their sickness

·
Bon Vivant
10,917 Posts
Zaph has a point. The "upgrades" you do to your bike are more like "downgrades" to other people. All that aftermarket stuff is worth nothing when it comes time to sell and in most cases actually lowers the value of your bike. However, that doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. What it means is always keep all of the original parts and put them back on the bike before you sell it - then you can sell all the aftermarket stuff for fair market value one piece at a time. I've done this several times and the net would probably surprise you.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
If you got the money and can spare it, then go for it.
Just don't expect to see it again.
Personally I have never put more than a few hundred into mods.
I just left it on the bike when selling and gave them the original parts too.
Even the stuff that is common and widely considered as tasteful and desirable (Think Termis) won't get back what you put into it. But the whole bike depreciates, so just have fun riding.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hyperstrada 939, 93 900ss, 2017 CRF250L RALLY, 2003 F650GS DAKAR, 1993 KLR250, 1986 HONDA TLR20
133 Posts
Are you HAPPY thats all that counts.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
I got to stop playing with my bling wand.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have only one more thing to change out on the bike, then I'm gone brake my bling wand. I want new covers on the tank🤩🤩🤩 and solocover 🤑🤑

·
Registered
2 Posts
So you've obviously upgraded the front forks, rear damper and master cylinders for that 8 grand do you?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts