Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to take a nice pair of Brembo aftermarket rotors from my 749r and put them on my hyper, is this possible? I think there are some offset differences, but having searched a few threads I can't get a conclusive answer. Does hyper S with monblocks have a different rotor configuration than 749r or even 1098 series bikes?

Thanks.

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Hyper has 10mm offset, xx9 is 15. Dontcha remember? Thought that is why you returned those bad ass brembos to more years ago......

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
10mm offset ? I thought that it was 5mm. Can I find that info on the rotor itself ?

One thing for sure, the 1098 rotors are 15mm offset, otherwise I would be running a 330mm rotor :)

·
Flying Brit
1,812 Posts
10mm offset ? I thought that it was 5mm. Can I find that info on the rotor itself ?
QUOTE]

I thought the Hyper was 5mm too, I just got a set of Brembo floaters to fit on my 16.5" Mag Marchesini

·
Flying Brit
1,812 Posts

·
Banned
8,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hyper has 10mm offset, xx9 is 15. Dontcha remember? Thought that is why you returned those bad ass brembos to more years ago......

Yea, I think that was a thickness issue of the rotor vs the offset... Gees that seems like ages ago theo! Are there spacers which can be used?

·
I hear airplanes
2,600 Posts
Those wsbk brembos are 6mm thick but will work perfectly fine. That's because they were zero offset so they required the spacer. Someone somewhere told you the 6 mm rotors wouldn't work....they worked great on my 999r front end on the monster until I acquired a set of CMC rotors... (now I'm showing off).

In order to get 999 rotors to work you would need to machine the rotor seating surface of the wheel down.....you need to space the rotor in....its too far out! (999 rotors on hypertard)

Sell them and call braketech...

·
Flying Brit
1,812 Posts
Those wsbk brembos are 6mm thick but will work perfectly fine. That's because they were zero offset so they required the spacer. Someone somewhere told you the 6 mm rotors wouldn't work....they worked great on my 999r front end on the monster until I acquired a set of CMC rotors... (now I'm showing off).

In order to get 999 rotors to work you would need to machine the rotor seating surface of the wheel down.....you need to space the rotor in....its too far out! (999 rotors on hypertard)

Sell them and call braketech...
I would do the same, I had to get my Marchesini machined down and to do so they had to make a special tool, it would have been cheaper and less hassle to just buy another set of new rotors like Braketech.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts