Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Looking for a decat pipe to suit my 2011 hyper 1100 evo. I see Leo Vince have a reasonably priced system advertised for the 796 - but no mention of the 1100.

I reached out to Leo Vince and this was their reply - ‘ With regard to your request, we never tested the decat pipe for the Hypermotard 796 on the 1110 model, so we don't know if it could fit or not.
We are sorry.’

I’ve never seen a 796 in the flesh but I would assume the engine/exhaust design would be near identical - can anyone confirm? Or otherwise, can anyone link me to a decat pipe that’s still available for sale?

Thanks!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Are u just getting the cat eliminator? The link looks the same as the eliminator on my 1100S. The batteries in my micrometer are dead but I measured the gap with a tape measure and came up with 1 5/8 inch header ....slightly more than 41 mm. You can measure yours ....if its the same you should be OK.

I'm sure someone way more knowledgeable than me will chime in soon!!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep - I’ve got the termi 2-2 system already and just want to eliminate the cat. I also want to pop
on velocity stacks and have it tuned while I’m at it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've read on these forums that they are different. There is a technical drawing on the link you posted with all the measurements, you should be able to check from that but I think someone mentioned the way they mate is different, spring vs clamp.

You could ask around locally and see if someone can fabricate one, should be easy for an exhaust shop.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i have a decat pipe that i bought for my 2008 hm1100 and didn't use - don't know if it will fit an evo, but have been told on this forum that 1100 and 1100evo exhausts are interchangeable - i'll send you some pics tomorrow if you're interested - i'm in sydney
rory

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i have a decat pipe that i bought for my 2008 hm1100 and didn't use - don't know if it will fit an evo, but have been told on this forum that 1100 and 1100evo exhausts are interchangeable - i'll send you some pics tomorrow if you're interested - i'm in sydney
rory
Hi mate, I’m not sure if it would fit but could be worth a gamble - I can’t imagine the exhausts are too different.

·
Registered
885 Posts
FWIW - I know that the Leo Vince slip-on systems for the 1100 and the 796 are substantially different. The 796 bificurates further down-stream than the 1100. I had the Leo slip-ons on my 1100 and they were beautifully made. These schematics may help:-

1100:-
Product Font Parallel Auto part Diagram

796:-
Font Parallel Rectangle Art Design

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, no, don't mention it. Oh, ... you didn't.
Sorry mate, been out of action for the last week. Thanks for the info. Looks like I’ll have to try find a specific 1100 part.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bumping up an older discussion - I’ve found Mivv are now selling a de-cat system for the 1100 Evo. I wonder if anyone has purchased one? I’m keen to know if this will marry up to my current termi 2-2 exhaust - it looks like it just might.
Product Jaw Automotive lighting Font Line

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does your Termi use the original mid-pipe? Either way, if it bolts up to the stock cat setup it should work.
Yep - Mivv’s website said the same thing (it would fit the stock muffler) so I assume it has all the fittings needed for the sensors etc too. I have ordered it and will report back once fitted.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks like it, can see the O2 sensor bungs in the pic and the schematic also covers that. Are you still using the exhaust valve on the original mid pipe?

White Product Human body Font Organism

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
846 Posts
796 won’t fit. The only difference between 1100 and 1100 evo is location of the O2 sensor bungs. Hope that clears everything up.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Go for it. It’s only money, what’s are you going to do with it? Pay bills. 😃

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Spark has headers and also a mid pipe option that is around $100 if you want to de-valve it.
Thanks! I’ll have to wait until I get a tune to eliminate the valve, and I’ve got the Mivv headers on order already.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts